chapter eight- i'm a goner somebody catch my breath

|-/Riley Dun\-|

It was finally the new year, and the month of February. My birthday was the tenth. Once the day was upon us, I woke up the next morning extremely tired. I still got ready though, and looked at my phone which made me realize what day it was. I went downstairs, already to see Josh and my family in the kitchen.

"Happy Birthday." he smiles once he sees me. "Ashley, Jordan and Abigail will be here soon. Same with Tyler, he said he wanted to visit you too."

"Thanks Josh." I smile.

"No problem, Ri." he says, just as I hear the door open. I was surprisingly able to recognize my siblings, who gave me big smiles.

"Riley." Abigail smiles, coming up and hugging me. "How are you?"

"I'm good." I tell her, as she nods. I then greet my brother and sister, who were equally excited to see me. Everything was going well, just as Tyler arrived also. Josh went and welcomed him in, where he showed us where we were.

"Happy Birthday, Riley." Tyler says to me, as he hands me a sketchbook. "I noticed you liked drawing, so here you go. Theres also a note on the last page." he says the last part quietly, as I flip to the last page.

'I have another gift for you. I will give it to you soon.

-Tyler'

I was a bit suspicious, but paid no mind. It was time for me to have fun, and thats exactly what I did. Tyler ended up pulling me aside during the party, just as Josh was called to do something outside for our dad.

"So, I found this at a shop somewhere and thought you would like it." Tyler says, pulling out a box and handing it to me. Inside, was a gold looking pendent on a chain. I literally felt my breath be taking away. The thing was beautiful, and looked expensive.

"Tyler... I can't accept this. It looks like it cost a lot." I say, as he shakes his head.

"Its fine. I insist." he says, as I nod.

"Its beautiful." I tell him, as he smiles. "Thank you."

"No problem." he says, as I put the box in my coat pocket. Just on time, Josh comes inside.

"Hey Riley, want to come with us somewhere tonight?" Josh asks me.

"Doing what exactly?"

"Music video for Goner." Tyler answers, as I nod.

"Sure."

Later that night we shot the music video for Goner with the help of some people from Josh and Tyler's record label. The song was beautiful, and the music video turned out great. They released it the next morning.