Prologue

"They were both barely breathing"

Chris' point of view:

"Unfortunately now it is time to say goodbye to one of our very talented top 6"  Darren says seriously looking directly down the barrel of the camera. The mere seconds he says nothing feels like hours and all I can hear is my heart pounding in my chest with each breath I take. He finally speaks again and I feel my whole world come crashing down with one short sentence

"The person that will be going home tonight is...Chris"
I lower my head taking a sharp breath in, once I look back up Joel and Beji are both on their feet. I quickly hug everyone on stage and make my way to Joel and Benji.

"Great job man, we are so proud of you" Benji speaks first patting my shoulder

"Congratulations on making it this far, you have so much potential. Don't give up." Joel says smiling, all I do is nod because the lump in my throat is making it hard to speak and I fear that if I try to I'll end up crying. I calmly walk backstage trying to compose myself for when I see my parents. I manage to find them waiting for me somewhere backstage, they engulf me in a massive hug telling me how proud they are of me and that I was amazing over and over. I don't know why but this just makes me feel guilty, like I let them down, disappointed them. It hurts to know that I tried my absolute hardest, I pushed myself and it still wasn't good enough.

"Shall we go?" Mum asks once we pull away, I nod taking out my earpiece and microphone and handing it to the nearest crew member. I pick up my guitar slinging it over my shoulder and we begin to make our way to the entrance.

The cold harsh night air hits me almost immediately once we get outside and I have to adjust my jacket in an attempt to shield myself from the cold.
The car ride home was uncomfortably silent apart from the occasional words exchanged between my parents. Unfortunately it just gave me more time to think and reflect on everything during my Voice Kids journey, most of it was great and I have to admit that I had the time of my life. I made some amazing lifelong friends along the way and it saddens me to think that I won't be able to stay in touch with all of them. As if he were reading my mind, I get a text from Ethan

From Ethan: Hey Chris, don't be upset. You have so many people behind you and your talented voice.

To Ethan: Thanks man, I'm not upset don't worry about me.

From Ethan: Don't lie to me, I know you too well. It's okay to be upset and I know how you feel.

I smile down at my phone, I definitely got the closest to Ethan during the whole experience. He just get's me and he's always there for me, those are qualities I've been searching for in a friend for a very long time.

"Chris!" My dad says loudly snapping me out of my thoughts

"Sorry what?" I ask shaking my head lightly trying to focus on him

"We're home" he smiles getting out the car, I sigh doing the same.

I slowly walk up the stairs to my room slamming my door behind me, I glance at all my posters of my idols and photos I have printed of my friends and family that I have hung up on the wall and I can't help but feel that I've let them all down and that they can never look at me the same every again. I know getting into the top 6 is a great achievement but who ever remembers the person that came 6th? Who wants to sign a random kid with a knack for singing and playing a guitar to a record label if they only came sixth?
My knees give way and I fall to the floor, I crawl over to my bed and I slump against it holding my head in my hands taking a deep breath trying to concentrate on my breathing.
You tried your best and that's all you could do.
I try repeating to myself but the more I repeat it the worse I feel. Soon enough tears begin to find their way down my cheeks and they don't seem to stop. Feeling flustered I take off my jacket and I hurl it across the room in both anger and sadness, I should have tried harder, I should have pushed myself even further because my best wasn't good enough. I reach into my pocket and I pull out my phone, I don't dare go on any of my social medias not wanting to see or read all of the messages the fans are sending because it'll make me feel worse, I don't know why but I just find it hard to accept compliments especially right now. I scroll through my contacts until I find the one person I am looking for; Ethan.
I dial his number and I put the phone to my ear waiting for him to pick up, finally after three rings he does.
"Ethan" I croak wiping away a tear

"Hey, hey don't cry please don't cry. It's okay, everything will be okay" he rushes

"What if it's not?" I ask sniffling

"It will be, I promise you that it will be. You're going places Chris I have no doubt in that and you shouldn't either." He reassures me

"How do you do that? Always sound so positive and sure about everything, like you have no doubt in yourself and you can do anything you set your mind to?"
I ask wiping my eyes and running a hand through my product filled hair probably messing it up but right now I don't really care about that. Ethan stays silent for a while and I'm beginning to think that he hung up on me or his phone cut out until he finally speaks in a low whisper

"Practise I guess."

Hello! So I have decided to make a Chris fanfiction and it's hopefully going to be different to any other. This is just the prologue, hopefully the first chapter will be up soon but in the mean time please vote and comment telling me what you think I would really appreciate it.