"Dean!" I greeted him cheerily. "You didn't reply to my messages."

I decided to give myself the pleasure of looking him over. Dean had always been the same Dean I'd known all my life. Same blonde hair that was usually trimmed by the time it got to his chin with warm brown eyes. He was of average height, around 5'10 and fit. I'd come to enjoy his muscles and abs that gave him a devastatingly sexy look.

"Hey," He said while trudging up the stairs. "Thought it'd be better if I saw you in person. Let's get these over to your dorm, yeah?"

"Sure." I agreed. "Mind grabbing this one too?" I gestured sheepishly to the bag I had failed to lift up. He gave a short laugh but picked it up anyways. I walked over to the dorm building, opening the door for him. Inside the AC was deliciously cool on my overheated skin, making me sigh in relief. We headed up down the corrider to the main hallway to the elevator. I pushed the button for the second floor, waiting patiently.

Ding. The doors slid open. A tall guy stepped out, dressed in worn jeans and a t-shirt. He had brown unkempt bed hair. From the looks of it, it'd looked like he'd dragged his hand through the locks several times. His stormy blue eyes danced as he regarded Dean. I know it's rude, but I found it extremely hard not to trace the lines of his tattoos. On his right arm I could see a tribal pattern wrapping around his upper arm. There was a cross on his wrist, as well as a intricate looking design on his forearm. I couldn't make it out. His left arm was an array of tattoos that covered his arm in a sleeve. Sexy.

"Sup." Dean greeted stiffly. The other man gave a uninterested wave as he strolled by. Dean sighed. After that weird interaction, I led him to my dorm room where I was sharing it with another girl. From the whiteboard on the door, which was covered with dicks, I could tell my roomie was an interesting person. I slid in the key and unlocked the door, letting Dean and I in. He dropped the bags off near one of the empty beds. My roomie hadn't settled in yet, but she had chosen the room on the right side and left her bags on the bed.

"We need to talk," Dean said suddenly. I closed the door behind me and sat down on the bed. He stood a few feet away from me. I frowned.

"About what?"

"Listen," he began. "I know this isn't the most ideal time to do this..."

I couldn't believe it. If he was doing what I thought he was doing, then I was at a total loss of words.

"I wanted you to know, you've given me some of the best years of my life, but I think it's time we split our ways. I want to break up, Gabs."

"Get out."

"Wait-what?" He looked completely shocked.

"Get the hell out." I yelled. Tears swam up in my eyes as I choked out the words. He backed away slowly, holding up his hands.

"Gabs, don't do this. You know we can still be friends," he pleaded. "I know this is abrupt but I was hoping to start the new year fresh." "FRESH?" I screamed, tears now running down my face. "Get the fuck out, you asshole. I don't even want to look at you right now."

"Gabs, be reasonable."

"Don't call me Gabs, you just lost that privilege when you decided to drop us like nothing? Right." I laugh bitterly.

Dean didn't miss a heartbeat. He quickly turned around and walked out the door, managing to stomp on my heart as he left.

***

I came to with a pounding headache. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I uncurled my body and sat up, rubbing my aching head. It certainly feels like a hangover, but I don't recall drinking any alcohol.