Chapter 2: Conformation

Start from the beginning

It wasn’t telling Adam that I’m pregnant, that’s bothering me, but it is was more of telling Cindy, his wife, that her husband got another woman pregnant. Which in this case would be me.  I wonder how she will react if and when she finds out about Adam having a baby by someone else.

I know if I was in her shoes, I would be beyond upset. I probably file for a divorce. Because not only did he get another girl pregnant but he also cheated. But if she’s that type of girl who will still be with her husband no matter what he did, then that’s her.

But with that thought in mind, it also makes me think about how Cindy will view me. Will she accept me, will she hate me? I smiled and chuckled to myself when I thought about that last question. Of course she’s going to hate me. Even if it isn’t my fault that I accidently gotten pregnant. I’m pregnant with her husband’s child. A child she so desperately wants but can’t have.

“Do you think Cindy will hate me?” I asked randomly.

I already have a thought in mind, but I want to hear someone else’s opinion. We just reached a stop light and she gave me a quick look before answering.

She sighed and gave me a stern look. “Well seeing as I have a husband and if I was to find out he was going to have a kid by someone else, I wouldn’t be okay or happy about it. Depending on how old the kid is.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Like for instants, if his kid was around 5 or so years old, then that’s a little different if he were to be around 2 or so months old. Because if he was months old, then that means my husband had cheated recently, but if he was years old then that means it was before we had even met. You get my drift?”

I nod my head in understanding.

“But how would you feel?”

She looked far out in the road just looking to what appeared to be thinking. After a while of her thinking, she shrugged.

“I don’t know Courtney, that’s a hard question for me to answer. But what I can say is that, I know for a fact I wouldn’t be happy about my husband having a baby by someone else with someone other than me. And I do know that Cindy won’t take the news well.”

I knew that made sense. Just as I was going to say something, Tania’s phone began to ring. She asked me to get out her purse an answer it. But as soon as I got it and saw the caller ID, I wanted to throw the phone and not answer it.

“Well aren’t you going to pick it up?” Tania asked when the phone continued to ring.

“It’s Cindy.” I whispered, which I have no clue why I did. I guess it was just at the moment reaction.

Tania just laughed. “Answer the damn phone Courtney.”

Even though she wasn’t looking at me, I gave her a shocked look. I can’t believe she’s going to make me answer this. Even though I knew I didn’t have to bring up the topic about my pregnancy, I still feel guilty knowing a big secret she doesn’t, that could possibly affect her marriage.

“Hello?” I said hesitantly.

“Hello, is um Tania there by any chance?” She asked.

I looked at Tania, but her eyes were glued to the road. We were almost there to my house. “She’s driving right now.” I found myself saying.

There was a pause. “Courtney, is that you?” She said. Even though I couldn’t see her, I can hear the smile on her voice.

“Yes, it’s me. Long time no see uh?”

She chuckled when I said that. “Yeah, but it’s good that I called now. Do you mind putting me on speaker so I can speak to the both of you?” She asked.

I quickly mumbled a yeah and pressed the speaker bottom.

“Am I on speaker?” She asked her loud voice echoing in the car.

“Yeah Cindy. What’s up, why you called?” Tania said out loud.

“Hello Tania, I called because I wanted to know if you will be free on May 18th. Will you?”

“Um, yeah why?”

We just pulled into my drive way but we didn’t get out of the car. We waited to hear what she had to say.

“Good. I’m planning a surprised birthday party for Adam and I wanted to invite you and Danny over and you to Courtney, seeing as you’re like a new companion to me.”

May 18th is 5 weeks from now. I sat and thought about it, should I go? If I go, I can just tell him then and there and not only will I have test results to prove my pregnancy but I will also have a little baby bump by then.

Before I could shout out a yes to her, Tania must have taken the phone while I was thinking and took it off a speaker.

“Yes we will both be there.” Pause. “Alright, see you then.”

When she hung up, I gave her a death glare. Even though I was going to agree to go, Tania didn’t know that I agreed.

“What?” She asked, as if she didn’t know why I was giving her the glare.

“You are something else, you know that?” I smiled.

She shrugged and chuckled already kind of guessing why I was staring at her with the stare I gave her.

“Look, now you have your chance to tell him about the baby. Be glad I told her yes.”

She unbuckled her seat belt and hoped out of the car, with me following behind her. I hate to admit it, but I’m scared. My future right now is holding so many paths for me, paths that I don’t know is coming my way. But hopefully, it’s a path I can handle.

><<><<><>

Next update will be soon and for those who were reading my book called 16 & Pregnant, there will be a second book, i will be posting it up sunday and the reason i deleted my two books was because i didnt like how i was writting it. I wasnt putting my all to it..

V.C.F