"Well, it doesn't. Bye." I walk away and this time she doesn't follow me. And I'm glad. The truth is, I do think about her. A lot. She's in a lot of my honors classes, and Kim's right. She's really the only girl that hasn't made a point of telling me how she feels. And, no matter how superficial that makes me, I can't figure it out. Why? Why just her? I shake my head and try to clear my thoughts. I have to focus on that girl. The girl in the yellow dress. I dreamed about her again, last night. Always the same dream, her dress blowing away just before I can catch it.

I scan the crowd, looking for a face that I might have missed. Some sophomore reaches out and pinches my butt. I glare at her and face forward again. Let's see... She'd have to be a junior, like me.No one materializes out of thin air, so I plop down in my chair in the Biology room. Lacey has already claimed the seat next to me, and she grabs my hand. "Finaly, you're here! Will you save my seat while I run to the bathroom? Thanks!" She leaves without an answer.

Meghan Gonzales turns in her chair to face me. "So, it's true. You gues are dating?"

I nod. "Guess so."

She smirks. "IS there anyone you haven't dated?"

I pause and pretend to think? "Nope, I don't think so. Oh, except for half the school. You know, the male population. Or did you forget about them?"

She smiled. "No, how could I forget?" She reaches over and pinches my nose. "Well, your girlfriend is coming back. See you later, cutie."

I rub my nose and Lacey sits down complaining about some line. I glare at Meghan and open my book. Why do girls feel the need to pinch guys so much? Ow.

**

After class, I head to lunch while Lacey (thank god) leaves for Chem 2. I drop my books in my locker and grab my phone. Lunch is the only time I dare to use it. Nothing's gonna ruin my scholarships, especially not one stupid detention.

I walk to the lunchroom quietly, maneuvering through the crowds with ease. After a few years, it becomes mechanical. 

When I enter the lunchroom, Allison nearly walks into me. "Ahh!" When she sees it's me, she walks away quickly, muttering a quick "Sorry!" behind her. I watch her for a minute and Kim catches me staring. I resist the childish urge to stick my tongue out at her and sit down without any lunch. Tim, Jerry, and Paul are already there. "No lunch?" they ask.

I shake my  head. "Not hungry."

Tim looks at me for a moment. "You feeling all right, Connor? You've been acting weird lately." Paul and Jerry nod.

I smirk. "I'm fine."

Paul laughs loudly. "Yeah, you're more than fine! You're dating Lacey Williams!! How lucky are you?"

"Luck has nothing to do with it," I say elusively. "How'd you find out about that, anyway?"

"Dude, she was, like, groping you in the hall today. And you've been inseperable since she got here. When did you have time to ask her out?" Paul asks in awe.

I shrug and steal one of Tim's french fries. When I don't answer, Jerry puts his hand up. I nod to him.

"Thank you, oh master teacher. Please teach me your ways so I, too, can land a super hot girl and get her to sleep with me."

I throw my french fry at him and he laughs after dodging it easily. "You're insane, you know that?"

"Yeah, I know. Anyway, is it true?"

"Is what true?"

Paul glances at Jerry. "Everyone's saying Lacey has a tatoo on her, um, thigh. Have you seen it?"

I smirk and stand. "You'll never know." I walk away, leaving them to call out after me. My phone vibrates and I almost ignoring it, thinking it's one of the guys. At the last second I take it out, thinking it might be Lacey. But no, it's from... Dad.

I groan and walk to the empty bathroom. Leaning against the wall, I open the text.

We need to talk.

i quickly type back"

About what?

It's a minute before he responds and naturally my head fills with possible explanations. We're moving, the business is going under, I have to transfer schools, there's been an accident, he heard a nasty rumor....

About you taking over the company

I squint my eyes and reread it. 

U said there was no company.

Dad had said the other day that the company was running out of money. More and more people were taking their business to the McHarteys. But no one knew about it, not even his employees. Dad was just as good of a lawyer, but... it didn't seem to matter.

There might be if you get home fast. I called the school. Meet me home, now.

There was no arguing with Dad. His lawyer-traits really came out when he was arguing. He was right. There was no option of him being wrong. Hew was always right, and if you didn't do what he said... God help you.

I grab my jacket from my locker and ran to his car. If there was a chance he could still be a lawyer, I would take it. The drive home was fast, and I arrived there within fifteen minutes. Dad was standing at the window, talking into his cell phone. When he saw me, he said a hasty good-bye to whoever he was talking to and put his phone in his pocket. I looked around for my mom, but she wasn't there. Weird....

"Sit down, son."

Hmm. Son. He never called me son unless it was serious. I sit down quickly and lean on the table. "So, are we going under?"

Dad hesitated, then shook his head. "Not if you do what I need you to do."

I smile.YES! "Anything, Dad."

He sighs and sits opposite me. I watch him clench and unclench his jaw before he dropped the bomb. 

"You have to get married. Now."

*****

HEY! So, thanks to the fast and positive feedback i got about chapter 1, i decided to upload!!! Aren't you proud!? Haha, so thanks for reading and voting and everything!! To keep up with tradition, Imma ask a comment question and dedicate the next chapter to a random person who comments!! So, the question is: Has this helped you get to know Connor better and understand his POV in the other storeis??? Lemme know, love you guys!

WRITE ON!

<3SnazzyReader