Chapter 2

Once i released Jen's hand, one of the guys spoke up. "I'm Adrian" he said, his tone seemed bored. He had medium length black hair and dark blue eyes. He was good looking, but the guy from earlier was better looking.

"Mathew" said the other boy. He had a gruff voice, but it also sounded caring and I saw what I thought to be pity in his eyes. He had brown hair that fell across his forehead and chocolate brown eyes that were very welcoming. While the other two boys seemed fierce, he seemed sincere and, well, nice.

A girl, about my height, bounded across the room to me. She had a huge smile on her face and her hair was red and fell in wild curls around her face, she had green eyes that were lit up with amusement. "I'm Angie" she said with a loud voice. Before I could even register what was happening, her arms were wrapped around my shoulders and my arms were trapped under her embrace.

I was momentarily stunned before quickly attempting to hug her back, not wanted to come across as rude, but also struggling due to my pinned arms. The guy from earlier chuckled as he turned away from the stove to face us. The sounds was like angels singing, it instantly made a smile break across my face and caused my heart to race. "Don't suffocate her, Ange," he laughed to her.

She pulled back with a laugh of her own. "Oh shut it, Jace." she snapped jokingly to him. She turned to me once again, "Sorry," she said "I'm a hugger." She blushed and I laughed softly, telling her it was fine before looking down nervously. These people were really friendly and I was feeling conflicted about the situation. They didn't seem like the type of people who were capable of kidnapping and I felt as though I should be afraid, and yet, all I felt was familiarity and safety.

I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts by Jace as he cleared his throat and announced, "dinner is ready". Oh that name suited him so nicely, it complemented his appearance. I looked up from the floor to see everyone seated except for Jace and I. Embarrassed, I moved next to Jace as I didn't know where to sit. He looked down at me, he was a good foot taller than I was; I am only 5'2 and he had to be at least 6'3.

"Thank you, Jace" I said to him as I looked up. his name fell from my lips gracefully, it felt right. It made me smile to think about him. As I said his name, I noticed his lips fall apart slightly and his eyes fill with lust. I looked down again, nervously hiding from his stare, as I followed him to the table.

He smiled at me as he replied a simple, "No problem, Melanie". When I heard him speak my name, my heart raced in my chest, beating so frantically I was sure I was having a heart attack. My cheeks grew hot and my mouth became dry. I don't know why, but hearing him call me by name made me feel special or something, and caused my emotions to soar.

I sat down next to Ange and across from Mathew. The meal Jace had prepared looked amazing. Spaghetti noodles that looked perfectly cooked, topped with a bright red sauce. Spices and meatballs were mixed in with the sauce and a large garlic bread sat to the side. A bowl of salad was being passed around as Adrian filled our plates with spaghetti.

"This looks amazing," Jen told Jace as she graciously twirled some noddles onto her fork. Lifting it into her mouth, moaning contently. We all laughed at her moan and she just ate another forkful, ignoring our laughter. "Tastes even better" she added, her mouth full of food.

I looked down at my plate and eagerly swept some noodles into my mouth with my fork, not even bothering to swirl them like Jen. I had to surpress a moan when I tasted it. It was perfectly flavoured, the spices danced with your taste buds. It filled me with warmpth and got rid of the pang of hunger I'd been feeling earlier. I Easily finished the entire plate of spahetti, along with a heaping ammount of salad and three pieces of garlic bread.

Once I was finished, everyone laughed at me for eating like such a pig. I stuck my tongue out at Mathew, which only caused everyone to laugh harder. "Oh shut up," I said amused "you'd be hungry too if you missed three meals". Everyone eventually stopped laughing and decided to go to bed after we cleaned up dinner, everyone was exhausted and we ate a late dinner anyways.

Once we were finished doing the dishes and putting away the extra food, we all said our good byes and headed off to bed. I forgot all about being kidnapped, everyone was just so welcoming. I opened the door to my room and strode over to my bed. Climbing in, I welcomed the soft mattress and heavy blankets. Exhaustion took over and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

*****

I groaned as I looked at the clock. 3:27 am it read, but my throat was dry. I was insanely thirsty, so I climbed out of bed and sleepily walked to the door. I opened it slowly and dragged my feet down the hallway. almost falling twice going down the stairs. I rounded the corner into the kitchen and ran smac into a wall?

Falling on my butt, I yelped in pain. Looking up, I spotted Jace, startled by my presense. His mouth fell open and I lifted myself off the ground. "Sorry," I said to him "I was just coming downstairs to get a drink.." As I said this, I noticed him relax and nod slightly. I walked past him and into the kitchen. He spun around, still standing in the doorway. I could feel his gaze watching me as I pulled a glass from the cupboard and filled it at the sink.

Greedily, I gulped down the water. Quenching my thirst. The light switched on, brightly illuminating the kitchen. I turned to face Jace and my gaze met his. As his eyes looked into my own, the whole world seemed to fall away. it was only me and him. Every thought, every object, every thing but Jace dissapeared. I froze, my mind numb, and I smiled. He grinned and broke the moment by taking a step towards me.