poetic

"I-i hate myself Tyler. I'm so fucking useless. No one even gives a shit about me. They only like you"

Tyler didn't know what to think when the toxic words slipped out of Josh's mouth. All he wanted to do was hug his best friend and tell him he was oh so beautiful. and important. and how Tyler loved Joshua William Dun more than anything else in this giant world and space and the moon and all the other planets combined.

But he just sat there. His mind couldn't come up with the right words. Tyler's mind usually spat out poetic words left and right but all he could think of was, beautiful.

Josh sat there in Tyler's dim bunk, staring at Tyler with tears in his eyes.

Tyler let out a shaky breath, quickly shaking his head. He looked up, making eye contact with the most beautiful creature to ever exist, well according to him.

"beautiful." Tyler said, not breaking eye contact with the beautiful soul in front of him.

"Wha-"

"Beautiful, that is you Joshua"

Josh shook his head and looked down at his lap.

"A girl told me today that she couldn't believe you would let me into the band. She said I was untalented and ugly and-" Josh was cut off by a sob and a warm embrace.

"No. No. No. No. You listen to me. You are so beautiful. I love you," Tyler put his index finger on Josh's chest. "And you mean so much to me and a whole lot of other people but they will never love you as much I love you because I love you so much. I love you. I love you. I love you so fucking much." Tyler internally sighed at his silly use of words. He was too upset to be poetic, even though he's been working on a million poetic words about Josh ever since he's met him.

Josh sadly chuckled and pressed his nose into Tyler's shoulder.

"I was expecting a poem. I'm disappointed, Joseph." Tyler giggled into Josh's tear stained hoodie.

Tyler sat up and took Josh's larger hands into his.

"Thanks ty." Josh kissed Tyler on the forehead.

They sat in silence for a couple seconds, the only sound was coming from the kitchen sink's faucet.

"for everything." Josh grinned at the other pair of teared filled eyes and climbed out of Tyler's bunk.

"Wait Josh." Tyler climbed out and stood in front of him.

Tyler let out a deep breath before leaning in and pecking Josh's lips. It wasn't a long kiss, no, it only lasted about five seconds but that kiss meant more to Josh than anyone else's.

They stood there and stared at each other. Josh was about to say something but Mark walked out of the bathroom.

"Why are you guys staring at each other- wait wait wait. Did it finally happen?" Mark looked at Tyler and smirked. Tyler's looked at his hands and a blush crept on his cheeks.

"Aha! Finally." Mark chuckled and patted Tyler's back before walking away.

"What?" Josh asked, his voice being more shaky than he expected.

"Um, well I..um." Tyler didn't know what to say.

"There's no poetic way to say this-well there probably would've been but I'm unprepared- but i-i" Josh shook his head and cupped Tyler's cheek with his hand.

"I know ty, I know." He kissed Tyler.

Tyler smiled and grabbed Josh's hand and pulled him back into his bunk.

"Can we cuddle?" Tyler asked, biting his lip and watching Josh smile.

"Of course."

They lied down and Josh wrapped his arms around the smaller boy.

"I love you too by the way."

"Thanks. Sorry my words weren't so poetic. I'm disappointed too."

"It's okay."

"Josh, I'm glad you exist."

"I'm glad you exist too."

Tyler giggled and snuggled into Josh's warm chest more.

"Thanks." Josh said as he pressed a kiss on Tyler's forehead.

"For everything?" Tyler asked.

"For everything." Josh giggled out.

Josh Dun loved his poetic, brown haired, boy. He loved him to the moon and back, plus all the other planets, and all the way around earth.

and Tyler Joseph loved his beautiful, extremely talented, red haired, boy. Tyler has yet found words to describe how much he loves Joshua William Dun. He probably will never be able to find the right words.

**
A/n: this was both sad and cute at the same time :') hope u enjoyed fam