"So you're here early." she pointed out the obvious. "Why?"

I shrugged. "Wanted to spend time with you." I aimed for her parents' attention, which was definitely caught.

I touched her hand unintentionally as I leaned against her bed, tingles shooting up my arm as I felt her warm skin against mine. The action going unnoticed by George in the corner of my eye. Gwen let a small smile slip, and lowered her eyes. She then lifted the sandwich and took a big bite. We all kind of just sat there in silence while Gwen ate her sandwich.

....

"Flight 538, Class A is lining. Class A, please step in line." a female voice spoke out from the monitor. People started to walk towards the terminal, lining up with suit cases and luggage.

"I'm really gonna miss you, bro." I said to Kory.

My brother playfully gasped, placing his hand on his chest in fake astonishment. "You? My brother? Miss me?"

"Shut up." I shoved him, which caused a chuckle to fall from his lips.

"Kory, you sure you don't want to stay? We can cancel the flight or-"

"Mom, I'm serious. I really want to go to New York this time." he insisted.

She sighed. "Alright."

"Be good out there, son. And keep those grades up." My dad patted him on the shoulder.

Kory smirked. "Like always."

My mom gave Kory what looked like a bone wrenching hug before my dad did the same, and then lastly me.

"Ask out Gwen." he whispered to me.

I gave him a flat look. "I plan on it." I told him sarcastically.

"Flight 538, Class B is lining. Class B, please step in line." the monitor spoke out.

Kory released me and started walking towards the line and pointed at me.

"I'm serious, Kyle. Soon!" he shouted.

"Stay out of, Kory!" I yelled back.

He smiled, and then turned to step in line. He handed the woman his ticket, waited for the signal to go on board, and then turned to wave back at us.

"Bye Kory!" my mom screamed. "I love you, baby! Be safe!"

He turned back around and waved once more before walking out of our sight. My parents and I waited for the plane to fly away before we left the airport. I pretty much already missed my brother - as annoying as he is.

...

"Well, overall, Gwen's been doing great! She's getting her nutrients, her vitamins; the nurses are doing well. I'm glad to say that by this rate, you'll be leaving by this month." Gwen's doctor, Dr. Harris explained.

We all gaped at him.

"Really?!" Gwen exclaimed.

Leigh-Ann stood next to him, nodding her head.

"Well, that's great!" Denise said. "So, we just keep up with the pace and she gets to come home?"

Dr. Harris nodded, "Of course, she'll still need her checkups and all, but yep, you'll get to stay home, Gwen." He patted the side of her pillow, gazing down at her as she smiled up at him.

I grinned also.

"So, any questions?"

"Uh y-" I started, but stopped.