The White Crayon.

I woke up this morning, just as every other morning, to the sound of screaming children and a roaring headache. It was Ms. Jay's kindergarten class. Every day, they came in, the teacher would go through the general motions. Reading time, number time, arts and crafts time.

You see, me being the white crayon, I had never been used. I'd sit there, watching as all of the other crayons squealed- with what at the time, I had assumed with delight. I was infected with the green-eyed monster, which I guess is kind of ironic, being a white crayon. I had felt I would never get used, and be forced to cold and lonely in the worn box. That is, until that day they brought in...the black paper.

I remember it as if it were only yesterday....

{FLASHBACK}

I was laying sideways in the box, as usual, when all of the sudden a big hand, clammy and kind of smelly, reached in and pulled me out.

I was ecstatic, this was it! I was finally going to be used! As me head neared the paper, I was in disbelief. This. Was. Happening. I was so excited I nearly peeled my paper covering.

"Nothing can ruin this moment", I thought to myself.

Then, I felt myself touch the paper, the child was starting to draw. At first, it was a weird sensation, then I started to feel and unbearable pain. They were shaving my head off! What blasphemy is this? Tears stream down my face as I sobbed. Were these people spawns of the devil?

My head was halfway gone when I felt an extreme pressure at my center. I was going to break! The child continued to apply pressure when all the sudden an ominous "SNAP" rang through the classroom.

{END FLASHBACK}

That's how I ended up here, taped together, my head barely there, sitting underneath the play center, among the dust and other forgotten child toys and crayons. It's okay though, because I was safe from the wrath of those children.

It's safe to say, I'm not jealous now.