Chapter 29: Surprise

Start from the beginning

I watch amuse as he hurries to get out of the bed and into the toilet to wash his mouth like I told him to. One minute later he rushes out of the toilet and impatiently say, "quick aunty Scar. I want lasagna." "Yes. Yes, hold on I am coming," I told him laughing while getting off the bed and let him push me out of the room, as he thinks this will make me move faster.

As soon as he sees the lasagna on the kitchen counter he quickly walks and lifts himself onto the chair and was about to grab the plate but I grab it before him. "Mine lasagna," he cries trying to snatch it from my hands. "Okay, it's yours let me heat it up to that it will taste better," I reassure him with a smile. He nods his head and doesn't take his eyes off the lasagna as I went to heat it up.

"Thank you," he says with a broad smile on his face when I place the steaming plate of lasagna in front of him. "You're welcome. Be careful it's a bit hot," I told him amused by his love of lasagna.

He impatiently blows the lasagna to cool it down before he begins to eat with enthusiasm. It's quite hard to feed him since he always want to play or eat sweets but if you lasagna in front of him he will finish it within 5 minutes. "Slow down or else you will choke again," I warn him when I see he is trying to finish it as fast as possible like the lasagna is going to disappear.

He slows down after I warn him and start to eat at the normal speed. I just shake my head at him while waiting for him to finish eating. "So what do you want to do know," I ask Dante after he finishes his food. He thinks for a moment before saying, "I want watch TV." I breathe a sigh of relief, as I don't think I have the energy to play with again after this morning.

"Okay, wash your mouth first before you go to the living room and watch your TV," I told him. He nods at me, and then he gets off from the chair and walk to the sink to wash his mouth. I help to lift him so that he can reach the pipe and clean his mouth. Then as soon as I put him down he runs out of the kitchen to the living room while I clean his plate before going to the living room.

When I enter the living room Dante is sprawled on the floor watching Disney Junior and singing along to the song. I smile seeing him like this is so cute. I walk to the couch and pick up the novel I left on the coffee table and begin to read. I didn't realize how much time has gone by but by the time I see the time on my watch it's already 7:00pm.

I am about to get up and cook dinner for Dante and me when someone calls me so I pick it up. "Scarlett, you and Dante get ready because we are having dinner at a restaurant tonight. I already have a dress ready for you to wear it's in my closet," Ricardo said as soon as I answered the call. "Okay, when will you reach home," I ask him. "In about 40 minutes or so depends on the traffic," he answers. After I assure him that we will be ready by then he hangs up.

"Come on Dante, we need to get ready. Your daddy is taking us out for dinner tonight," I said to Dante who is still watching TV. When he hears that his dad is going to take us out for dinner he gets up quickly with excitement. "Daddy really takes us dinner outside," he says in excitement. "Yes but only if you shower and get ready," I said to him.

"Okay," he says then makes his way to his father's room so I followed him. I quickly showered him then dry him off and let him run into the room as he can wear his clothes himself.

I already set out his clothes on the bed before showering him. I shower as fast as possible then once done I wrap myself in a bathrobe and take the hair dryer that I brought from the guest toilet and dry my hair. 10 minutes later I am done so I switch the hair dryer off and walk out of the toilet to see that Dante is all ready in his cute kids black suit.

"Don't you look handsome," I said and watch his chest puffs up with pride. "Of course I handsome aunty Scar," he tells me smugly. I laugh at him and made my way to the closet to search for my dress that Ricardo has already prepared for me. I saw the dress the moment I enter the closet since there is only one dress in this entire huge walk in closet.