After 10 Years

A black car with tinted windows strolled down the streets as the passenger inside answered numerous questions over the phone. There was a person on the other line rescheduling the photo shoot which turned out to be a complete failure. The young actor closed his phone to stare idly passed the window pane as his mind repeated every action and word that happened just a week beforehand. While he thought, and though it was only for a short time, when one harbors on one thing for too long the seconds grow into years. His hazed stare soon vanished at the sight of a small blond male with glasses. He was plain, dull even, but there was something about him that struck question and intrigue in Ryouma. A signal to the driver to stop by the sidewalk was given. The boy didn’t notice at all as he stepped out and paced over to catch up with him. Next a hand reached out to touch the other’s shoulder.

“Izumi?” Ryouma called.

Izumi’s leisurely stroll was put to a stop the moment he felt a hand on his shoulder. The first thought that came to him, if it turns out the person behind him had some bad intentions, was to apply the self-defense techniques Rei had taught him. But when he heard his name being called out, he assumed he knew the person after all. He dropped his guard a bit as he turned his head back to know who it is that actually recognized him in his normal appearance.

“Uh.. Ichijou Ryouma..Right?” Izumi stuttered.

Who was he kidding? He knows exactly who the taller man behind him was. A look of fear and confusion filled his oddly-colored eyes as he stared up at the one person he thought he would never come across again in his life. He had no idea why this famous guy risked going out in the street just to approach him. The last time they met, he had no problem expressing his hatred for Izumi as he walked away.

A smile crossed Ryouma’s face at the first glimpse of those eyes. They told him that it was, in fact, Izumi. It wasn’t until the confused tone in his voice and expression on the other’s face that he realized he just left the safety of being hidden to talk to someone he insulted recently. Ryouma had almost forgotten about that with his head in the clouds. Wait. Why did Izumi have to ask who the taller male was?

“Uh, yes! Actually I wanted to tell you I’m sorry for overreacting last time.”

He stood up straighter as he faced Izumi hoping he wouldn’t be noticed on the spot by fans. The sidewalks looked clear except for the few meandering to unknown destinations. He wondered how he was going to make it up to the blond before him; an apology as lame as that surely wouldn’t do. Despite more questions, the black haired young actor relaxed knowing the other at least recognized him.

Izumi couldn’t help but direct his attention away from Ryouma from time to time in fear of a fan or some fans recognizing him. In the youngest Sena son’s eyes, this was the wrong place and time to talk about how things ended in a bad note for them a week ago. He can’t even understand why this famous showbiz person was asking him – a nobody – to forgive him. Getting a little conscious, he turned around to face Ryouma then politely and gently pushed his hand away from his shoulder.

“I don’t know what you’re doing here or how you found me, but it’s fine. You don’t have to say sorry. It was my fault you got angry.”

He didn’t know how to phrase it, but he just wanted to let the other know that they shouldn’t see each other again. He just wanted to forget about the showbiz world, including everyone he met in that commercial 10 years ago and a week ago. Becoming more observant, he noticed that the car beside them is in fact Ryouma’s car with his manager probably inside it.

“You have to go. People might recognize you here.” Retorted Izumi.

At those words Ryouma looked around for any signs of who could be a fan. Not seeing anything nor caring much if there was or not, he focused on how Izumi’s words just couldn’t be right. He had to make it up to him. Before the blond could turn away he spoke up again with high hopes.