Hiding A Secret Is Hard

Kagome P.O.V

Once we were out of the well and in feudal Japan we were greeted by our friends Sango ran up and embraced me in a bear hug Miraku gave me a smirk and Kilala jumped on my shoulder" where's Shippo?" I asked looking around for him "well....Kilala gave Shippo a cold so for now he's resting" Sango said I felt a pang of worry why the he'll didn't they tell Inuyasha to tell me to get cold medicine?!?! Oh well baka's "why are you wearing a hat?" Miraku pointed out "oh well........my hairs really messy! That's it I just put a hat on to cover it for now!" Sango started laughing "come on Kagome! Take it off we've already seen you with your worst bed head!" Sango reached for my.hat but I gripped it tight "I'm good now let me go check on Shippo!" I rushed over to Shippo's tent and stepped inside "Kagome!" He sounded clogged up, he managed to get up and hug me "hey Shippo" I tried to sound calm but I knew he wasn't buying it "Kagome!" He said sternly "that might work on the others but I know you better! What's going on?!?" I knew I couldn't lie to him he's like my kid for hells sake! "Promise not to tell the others?" I held out my pinky finger, he gladly look it and pinky swore "I promise!" I knew he was happy........not once he finds out. I picked up Shippo and put him in my lap "are you ready?" I asked worry thick in the air he just nodded yes so I began the story " I was at my house and Niraku showed up, one second I'm in my room the next in a beautiful place were you couldn't see the ground because of all the rose petals then he gave me a gift as he put it! But for me it's a secret and a curse!" I was at the verge of tears, no not in front of Shippo! Slowly he got up and hugged me "what's the gift he gave you? Is that why your eyes are gold?" His voice full of concern and curiosity "yes Shippo that is one of the reasons why my eyes are different" he looked up at me as though a son would a mother. Slowly I gently took off my hat, standing clear on my head were two wolf ears Shippo got up and hugged me "I'll keep your secret forever and take it to the grave if I have to!" I bent down and hugged him "get some sleep Shippo we're leaving early tomorrow morning ok?" He nodded yes and climbed into his bed I sat next to him and sang him a song once he was asleep I put in my hat kissed his forehead and headed out to my tent.