Chapter 1

"And that's how he got that scar in the bottom of his back" Martha said making the couple sitting next to her laugh. "I can't-believe-that's how-how you got it" Kate said between laughs. "Well, I was a troubled kid" Rick answered his wife with a smile. "Well, it's not all my fault. I had to entertain myself while this one was having fun in theatre with the director" he said pointing to the beautiful red hair lady sitting in the same table as him, that grew a look in her face that made them stop laughing. At least, Rick because Kate couldn't hold it in, so she bursted out and broke the silence in that table. While Martha went to the kitchen Rick took some time to explain. "It's true, she used to spend so much time working that I created an imaginary brother to make time go by faster. But one day, after my 4th birthday, he just went away. Don't know why" he said looking at his wife. "That's so cute" she said, with a little bit of sorry in her voice. "Don't be sorry. If he didn't left my mind, I would probably be in some psychiatrist hospital at this moment". He said with a giggle that made Kate smile. "Oh darling he wasn't imaginary" Martha said returning to her seat in the table. They first looked at each other but, that look was immediatilly redirected to Martha. "What?" Rick asked with a confused tone in his voice. "Yes dear, I had another son with another one night stand. But there came a time where the two of you were just too much. So I made a choice". "Wait, you're saying that I had a brother living with me for 2 years and you let me think that it was all my imagination?" he said mad. "Yes darling, but you don't understand. It was too much to cope with. So I made a choice and gave your brother to adoption". "So I am the lucky one. Great. How could you hide this from me all these years?" he said before he stood up and started walking towards their bedroom. "Richard, I..." Martha tried to make her son come back to the table but was interruped by Kate saying "It's better if we leave him alone for a while". Martha agreed and they both sat in silence for a few minutes.