Chapter One

The cloak of the personwalking into the church dragged, the hood prevented from seeing thepersons face, they walked the rows of the people watching the mass atnoon. The figure stepped in front of the priest. The priest stoppedhis lecture to look at the person in front of him.

"My child sit down-"the priest was interrupted by the sudden stabbed it receive. "Youevil creature!" he yelled as he dropped to his knees. The blood wasspilling staining the robed.

The figure turned aroundto leave, everyone started to scream and scrammed away but somestayed to stop the person in the cloak. As soon as a group of menapproached the person it vanished in a blink of an eye. It wasnowhere to be seen.

The priest laid deadwhile other priest and monks surrounded him saying prayers.

The cloaked figuredwalked toward the front of the church but some priest who are warriorof the church held weapons in their hand. Blades came from thefigures hands, as they attacked the person they couldn't kill it,each one of the warriors was being cut down and laid to bleed in thechurch of the holy. Staining the church floors the figure closed eachone of their eyes while saying a prayer.

After the incident atthe church no one knows who the person was. Each priest that was deadbleed the pentagram which panicked the people. Many believed that thedevil was upon them and that everyone who has committed a sin wasgoing to die. The church was full of many people around the city andthe country, they were afraid of being unclean that they went to thechurch to get themselves clean so that the devil will not come andclaim them.

"Beware the devil isupon us, he will come and get you if you're unclean. Come and getyourself clean my brother and sisters. We will die in the hands ofthe devil and your soul will be claim by Satan."

"Those who are uncleanwill be taken by the devil, he will take your soul."

"Brothers and sistersunclean yourselves, don't let the devil take your soul."

As the preachers went onwith beige unclean it caused uproar with the people all around, manywere killing other or were going to the church. Many were in panicthat business in the taverns were closing down by fear. Prostituteswere either getting clean or killed, it was such a big deal that itwas spreading like wild fire all over the country.

August 1874

The streets were empty,evil crept at night in the shadows. The humans were afraid of goingout at night. Many strange things have happened in the past decadethat they did not step a foot out of their homes. They all knew thatif they ever go into the street they just might be next.

Although many fear thedark, they're are those who are brave enough to come out.

There might be evilcrawling around with the creatures of the dark ready to attack theirprey. These creatures are afraif of one man, he holds the key oftheir freedom roaming around the earth but if they disobey they goback from wherever they came from which they try to prevent. Theseman is a mystery no one has seen him except for his servents. Thecreatures of the night are servants but not of high class all they dois report the activities of the humans.

Nothing gets passed themaster he knows everything that goes on, no human will touch him thepower he holds against the humans is so powerful each night he growsstronger but yet he is lonely in his empire of the dark, he is alonewith bitterness.

Every servent knew thathe was always in his office surrounded with books and darkness, hehas never had company before no one every visited except the servantsthat delievered messages. His past is a mystery he will not tell.

Marven was a highservant he was the one that delievered the messages to the Master. Hewas an invention of the Master that was a failure. Marven's halfbeast half human. No human will get near him but he didn't mind atall. His features were strange, a red eye, sharp teeth, and a greenbody, his tale swayed as he walked and his 6 finger hands werepressed behind his back as we made his way to the master's study togive him news of the hunters that are trying to destroy the Master.The dark mansion is cold and lonely. The master never wanted amistress which was a shame maybe the place might light up a littlebit.

Marven knocked fourtimes at the door and slipt in closing the door. The master's chairwas turned towards the window, the curtains were pulled back and themoons light pooled into the study. The master looked out with alonely expression.

"Master I have news ofthe hunters. They're planning on attacking,"

The master turned andgave him a wicked smile. "They don't stand a chance to survive.Kill them but bring me their leader." his deep raspy voiced heldwickness that made Maven's skin crawl.

"Yes master." heslid out the door the same way he came in.

"Cordelia....Cordelia." the grey haired women yelled.

"Going mother,"yelled the young women. She looked at herself again in the mirrorbefore going down the stairs with her beautiful blue puffy dresswhere her mother was waiting. "Ready mother."

The grey haired womenhad her hair in a bun with her boring dress. Crinkles covered herstern face but it suited her. "You were suppose to be down a whileback when I called for you."

Cordelia looked down."Sorry mother for being late. I apoligized for my tardiness."

The door bell rang, acarriage was outside.

Cordelia's eyes lit up."Mastr William." she squeled. Running to the livingroom she saton a chair pretending to read a book while her mother opened thedoor.

The front door openedand her mother greeted the young man.

Master William came intothe livingroom while her mother made her away to the kitchen.Cordelia looked up in excitement. "Will." she ran to him. Theyboth embraced eachother. "Oh, how I've missed you."

He looked down at herand smiled. "I've missed you as well." He looked back and forthbefpre stealing a kiss from her. "Shall we go?"

She nodded. "Yes."