"It's Leviosa, not Leviosar," Ron mimicked Hermione's voice, "Honestly, she's a nightmare. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" 

Hermione pushed past, sniffling.

"I think she heard you," Harry pointed out.

"No kidding! Hermione wait up!" I said, slapping Ron atop of his head before running off after her. 

I chased after her, but Hermione's pace was fast. I searched through the castle for a while and still couldn't find her until I overheard Parvati Patil saying that she wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that she'd been in there all afternoon crying. I rushed to the girls bathroom.

When I arrived I noticed that only one stall door was closed. Walking up to it I gently knocked on the door.  

"Hermione please come out."

"It's true. He was right. I have no friends. Nobody likes me!" she said starting to sob.

"Come on Hermione! You the smartest girl in our class! People think you're very cool! I think you're very cool"

"No, you don't. You're just saying that Hazel."

"I'm not just saying that Hermione," I replied, "I genuinely think you're very cool"

"But you're a Slytherin and Slytherins don't like Gryffindors. Plus, you're a pureblood. I'm a muggleborn. Why would you even like me?"

I sighed. "I've been thinking about that a lot recently. I've grown up thinking that purebloods are more superior than others because that's what was drilled into me by the environment I grew up in. But I don't think that anymore! I've come to the conclusion that at the end of the day we're all just witches and wizards trying to make our way through this world. We should be supporting each other! Not letting our differences keep us hating each other. 

"You're one of the smartest people I've ever met, Hermione. Our Houses and blood shouldn't stop us from being friends! We're both just witches trying to do our best."

Slowly, the stall door opened. I could see Hermione's eyes were red and puffy, but she had a small smile on her lips. She came up to me and gave me a hug. I returned it as she replied,

"I'd love to be your friend Hazel. Thank you so much."

She stepped out of the stall and we turned around to face a huge shadow looming over us. We screamed. It was a troll! Shrieking, Hermione ran back into the stall as I ran to the sinks. The troll took his club and broke the stalls causing wood to fly everywhere. A piece scraped my cheek.

"Hermione over here!" I yelled at her. She ran over and together we hid under the sinks on our knees. Just as the troll picked up another piece of wood to throw at us, Harry and Ron appeared behind it throwing wood at him.

"Hey, pea brain!" Ron yelled. 

He threw a piece of wood and hit the troll on the head. The troll looked at them, then back at us, and lifted his club to hit the sink we were under. I could hear it crack with the force. Fear coursed through my veins. Harry got out his wand and ran forward. He grabbed the troll's club as he pulled it back, ready to strike, and was lifted up. 

"Whoa! Whoa, whoa!" He yelled as he landed on the troll's head.

"HARRY!" I yelled. 

He was hurled forward, then back, and his wand went up the troll's nose.

"Ew!" Ron and I both exclaimed, scrunching out noses.

 The troll snorted multiple times and whipped his head around as he tried to get the wand out.