Prologue

Oh for childhood. The best years of my life. I envy children, their innocence, their embracing nature. Their love. When I was a child, I had the best friend a girl could ask for. We did everything together. Laughed, ate, cried, and grew up. We were as tight as two kids could be.

That is until middle school. Middle school, how cruel were you to me.

Jake and I were tight as tight could be. We had been together since diaper hood. We grew up at eachother's houses. We had so many good memories, but our most important was Sithron. After watching The Bridge to Terabithia we decided to make out own world, right in my back yard. We called out kingdom Sithron and we ruled at King and Queen. We made out palaces out of whatever natural formations we found in the woods. We created our people and drew them downs and named them. We checked out borders, established our trust in the people, and most importantly, we fought off the Dark Lord.

Those days are long gone. Jake became part of the football team. I saw him slip away. The sparkle in his eye was gone. His great laugh that spilled out of his mouth was memory. Our friendship became a long forgotten memory.

I was left alone. There was no Jake when I was feeling sad. There was no Jake when the Dark Lord rose.