Chapter 10: Popular Break

Start from the beginning

We stalk it towards the demon, following its quiet movement through the forest.

Finally, it ends up in an open area. It looks around once again before opening its 'mouth' and screeching a quick call.

A few seconds later, a brown werewolf rogue steps out into the moonlight of the open area. The demon reaches towards into its body before pulling out a scroll. My eyes widen and the werewolf cautiously reaches to grab the parchment with its snout.

"Now." I mentally say and Simon and Alex attack the rogue. Snarling and hissing they jump on the poor werewolf, finishing it off quickly. I jump out, my large crystal like wings open to my sides as I snarl, baring my fangs.

The demon flips around and tilts its head. With its croaking voice, it hisses, "Wahhhhatttsssss—Ahhhrrreee-ss-- Yyyhhooou?"

I hiss, my scales turning bright white, "Your demon..." Then I lung, a white light exploded from my mouth, engulfing the demon. It shrieks and screeches in pain, sizzling under the light coming from inside my mouth. It disappears and I shut my mouth, the light disappearing.

Alex and Simon finish off the werewolf before bring me the scroll.

"Should we open it?" Asks Simon.

I shake my head, "We don't know what it is. It's too dangerous."

Simon nods his head as I tuck the scroll into a little area under my wing that would hold it.

"Well... this is the darkness boarder." Alex says looking towards the lightless forest behind us that not even the moon could light up.

I nod my head, "Let's get out of here. We will travel in our animal forms until we reach Animalia. There we will rest and get our horses back from the market place stables to continue our journey."

Alex and Simon nod their heads in agreement.

I blow out of my mouth a smokey light looking thing. In a few seconds, the smoke condenses and becomes a ball of glowing white light.

Alex chuckles, "I will never not be awed when you do that."

I smirk slightly, my scales turning black again, before beginning my way towards the kingdom of Animalia, the white glowing light leading the way.

**

The gorgeous castle of my mother and father finally comes into view. I grin, the wind rustling my hair as Blade flew through the skies towards our home. Alex and Simon were flying next to me on their own horses, finally happy to have someone else carry them. We stayed a night in the inn of Animalia before picking up our horses from the stables and then deciding to fly home.

"Alright boys, let's go home!" I scream back to them and they woot in agreement. I lead Blade to fly down towards the castle and she listens. We dive down and my hand tightens around the bag holding the parchment. We land smoothly in the front yard of the castle. Servants instantly run to our side all happily talking over each other at how they missed us so much.

We ignore them and walk towards the castle. The servants happily take care of our horses as we slowly track towards the huge castle front doors.

I hear a group of teens laughing and I freeze. Alex and Simon, already used to reading my body language stop too. Out from the pathway that leads to the schools walks out the group of 'populars' I met on the first day. However, that's not what made me freeze.

There, with her arms wrapped around him, was Selina with Damian in her clutches. Prince Damian's look was completely changed. He wore a dark black t-shirt, a beanie on his head, his pants were slightly sagging, and a chain hung through those pants. I noticed that the shirt was just long enough to cover up his tattoos but I still felt something in my heart chip off.