Almost There...

"... And after everything that he told me and everything that happened today, I'm now just staring down at him. I can't believe Colin is actually here. I mean... we talked over the phone a few days ago, and now he's here, in my Californian house, sleeping on the floor right next to me. And I can't believe I've put him through everything that happened today.

And man, what a day! I can't quite believe it's over, because it never really seemed like a real day. More like a dream or something. But I'm really glad it's over now. It couldn't go on. Everything that could go wrong in one day, did today. Oh, Gosh."

Brandi lay on her bed, with only a bedside light illuminating the room. Colin was sound asleep on a mattress lying next to her bed. Brandi took another look at him, smiled and kept writing.

"Now, about Seth, I really don't know what to do. I know that I fell for him the minute I laid eyes on him, but... I'm still not so sure about his feelings for me. I don't care what Colin says or even what Ryan says. I will only believe that he has some sort of feeling for me when he tells me so. Because... Seth is just messed up! I know I don't know him that well, but I can honestly say that he is just confusing. I can never tell what he's feeling and what he wants to do or say. Urgh, I hate that!

I'm just so afraid of going to school tomorrow. What if he and Summer kissed tonight, after I came home with Colin, and they are now together and all happy lovey dovey tomorrow? Oh, Gosh, I swear I'll kill myself! I really don't know if I can handle seeing the two of them together right about now. But I guess that if it does happen, and there's a great possibility of it happening, I'm just gonna have to live with that... Oh, Lord, help me..."

Brandi yawned. She looked at the clock on her nightstand and it read 1:12 a.m.

"Shit." she whispered, closed her diary, placed it on her nightstand and tucked herself under the bed sheets. She took a deep breath, turned the lights off and was soon fast asleep.

"No! Let me sleep!" Brandi whined.

"Spring, you're late. You have to go to school."

"No, Col, please, let me sleep."

"Yeah..." Colin let out a little laugh "Like I control that."

"Please, Col, talk to my mum. She loves you. I'm sure if you ask her really nicely, she'll let me stay home today."

"Come on, Spring, you're not even sleeping anymore!"

"Oh, I am. Look!" Brandi pretended to be sleeping, which just worked to make Colin laugh.

"Yeah, ok. Get up."

"No!"

"Ok, then. I'm gonna do something you really hate, but don't tell me I didn't ask you gently to get up, because I did." Colin took Brandi on his arms.

"No!" Brandi squeezed herself out of Colin's grip, collapsing onto her bed again.

"Told you you wouldn't like it." Brandi hated being lifted up.

"Ok, I'm up!"

"Good."

"I'm up, but it's not just because I'm up that I have to go to school."

"Oh, you do have to go to school, missy."

"No, I don't."

"B, stop it. Stop being silly. I know why you don't wanna go and you can't delay it any more." Colin got closer to Brandi and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Colin..." Brandi didn't know why she was so afraid of going to school "He's gonna break my heart." she hugged Colin gently and placed her head on his chest.