one

edited (√)

"Glass shattering, bullets hitting our ceiling that's all I could hear. I was scared curled up in a ball under my bed where my mom and dad always told me to hide whenever I was scared of something. I heard my mom screaming and my dad saying 'don't touch her!'

I covered my ears up as best as I could to try and get all of what was going on outside of my room out of my mind, I started thinking about the day me my mom and dad went to Disneyland and had a great time. My thoughts got interrupted when all the screaming stopped and I heard two gun shots followed by big thuds on the floor. I looked over at my door which flew right open, I saw black boots coming in and opening my closet door. The black boots came close to my bed and were inches away from my face. I tried extremely hard to not move and breathe I was so scared. The boots walked half way to the door way and yelled loudly 'She's not here let's go!'

I saw the pair of black boots exit my room and the sound of them running out the door and shutting it hard. I let out a big breath that was building up inside me, I remember waiting at least ten minutes till I got up and walked very slowly to my door opening the door a little more then whispering 'momma, papa?'.

I was scared to death of course, I was only seven years old. I was breathing hard and holding on to the wall. I finally walked in to the living room hoping my mom and dad would run up to me hugging me telling me they loved me. But as soon as I walked further into the living room, my hope was lost because I saw my mom and dad on the floor with a pool of blood surrounding them. And at that exact moment I fell to the ground not wanting to realize the ugly truth. My parents were gone. For good"

I shifted in my therapists seat and looked down at my lap letting several tears fall down my face. I didn't want to remember that day but I did that's all I thought of, that's all that was running in my mind. "And what do you think you lost on that day?" My therapist Becky asked as she handed me a tissue. I grabbed the tissue and wiped away my tears then holding it inside my hand "I lost everything" I said while looking up at her.

"Why do you think that?" Becky asked.

"They were the only type of family I had in Brisbane, they loved me I was the only child in the family they loved to spoil me and surround me with love, and now all I have is my aunt who cares about me but is never home. I miss being loved by them" I told her as more tears fell down my cheeks.

"Well Cassie sometimes life gives you the hardest obstacles and you just have go learn to get through them" Becky told me as she wrote something down on her notebook as I stayed silent.

I missed my parents as much as I missed their love. Why did they have to be murdered. What did they ever do? We were the happiest family in the world as far as I knew. The day of the shooting police arrived at my house and this lady took my inside a car and then to this building where other children were. They didn't explain anything to me all they did was fly me over from Brisbane to Melbourne where my aunt Holly lived alone.

I've spent my whole life being homeschooled as my therapist instructed. I was too traumatized with my parents death, I didn't eat and sleep for weeks. I got better in eleventh grade when my aunt Holly moved from Melbourne to Sydney where the beaches were right next to our house. I'm now 18 and already graduated from school, I'm not ready to start working . I don't know if I'll be able to face people face to face without having a panic attack.

"Alright that'll be all for today come back next week on Friday at noon" Becky smiled as she got up and opened the door for me making me walk out the door meeting with my aunt who was waiting for me holding a cup of iced coffee handing it over to me "Iced vanilla coffee just like you asked" she smiled and I took the cup and drank out of the straw. "Thanks Holly" I smiled at her as she smiled back. Holly was only 24 so she was really close to my age which meant she understood me at times.

"Hey I need to stay late at the hospital today, turns out a whole gym class got poison ivy" Holly said while we walked out of the building and climbed inside her car "I'll leave you money so you can order food or go out and get some" Holly added. "Okay thanks" I said as I continued to sip on my iced coffee.

Minutes later we arrived at Holly's house and I was dropped off. I got into the house and threw away my coffee cup then walking up to my room and changing into shorts and a plain black tank top. I wanted to get panda express but they didn't deliver so I had to drive there and pick up some eye drops on my way there. I put on my shoes and grabbed my keys and money Holly had left and walked out the door getting into my car.

«««»»»

store: price line

I walked into Price line which was an Australian drug store. I made my way to aisle sixteen where they had all the eyes treatments. I grabbed my usual eye drops and started to walk towards the register. I looked to my right and saw a tall boy leaning against a shelf while talking to one of the female workers here. It obviously looked like he was flirting with her, as I walked by we met eyes but I quickly looked away.

I payed for my eye drops and exited out the door turning the corner to where my car was parked. I looked up and saw the same exact guy leaning up against the wall with his hands shoved into the pockets of his black jeans. I looked down and tried my best to not get noticed by him again.

"Hey what's your name?" The tall blonde guy asked me while walking up to me and blocking my way to my car "Cassie" I replied "Cassie what?" He asked again "Cassie Fitch" I told him. He came closer to me and set his hand on my shoulder and brought his finger to his ear pressing a small red button on his headphones and then leaning down to his shoulder "I got her" He said into the small, barley visible microphone that was attached to his shirt.

I started to panic after he said those words, I tried to walk back but he already had my arms in a tight grip "Let me go!" I struggled trying to get out of his grip "You're a long due mission Cassie" He said as a black van approached the parking lot. He dragged me to the van then opening the door and shoving me in. "No please let me go!" I screamed again "Are you sure you blocked the cameras?" The guy asked the guy driving the van "Yes they won't be working till an hour later" The guy driving responded. I looked around not being able to say anything because of how terrified I was. I looked at the guy who brought me in and he had a cloth against a brown bottle. I backed away from him and kicked him in his chest "Leave me alone!" I yelled "Ow!" He groaned in pain, he then grabbed the wet cloth and came towards me grabbing on to my shirt pulling me towards him.

I fought against his strength and pushed myself away from him blocking my face from him knowing what he wanted to do. His grip was too strong for me and he ended up sitting me up and grasping on to my jaw "You shouldn't of done that" He said before placing the wet cloth on top of my nose and making me quickly making me fall into darkness.

xxxxxx

hiiiii i hope you guys think think this story is cool :~)