Treasure Hunting part 4

Start from the beginning

".... Gorramit Ted. They were Reavers on that wreck. You expect me to leave a defenceless girl with you after what she has been through?" Danny was furious.
"More of a good reason for the boys to have at her," Duggar said over a crackling line.
Danny ran a hand down his face.
"She's gonna die!" He said.
"Exactly. Now be a good boy and bring her back on the Tornado!" Duggar ordered.
"No ruttin chance!" Danny said firmly.
There was sounds of conversation in the background of the crackling line before they heard Duggar swear.
Danny gave a sly smile.
"Dannyyyy! You return NOW!" Duggar snarled into the com.
"Nope!" Danny replied with the beginnings of a grin.
"I swear I will hunt you down and any folks you choose to associate yourself with if you don't return with my cargo!" Duggar shouted and they heard frantic buttonpushing.
"I have disabled the automatic recall, Ted," Danny grinned and leaned back.
There were more talking in the background.
"Oh yeah... and I threw out the tracker and you might wanna consider looking at your coordinates before you crash into Erys," Danny said.
"Danny you ruttin...." Duggar begun but was cut off as Danny leaned forewards, cutting the link while laughing.
"Right then girlie. You want some feedin?" He called behind into the cargo area. They heard a painful growly scream in a female voice.
"Shame. Pretty thing like you shouldn't have to turn into a reaver," he said and twirled a metal tube Lou recognised as the one lying open next to the syringe out in the cargo area.
Danny pocketed the tube.
"I'll keep you alive yet. Might get some fun outta ya," he said with a greedy look and hit a button in front of him, ending the recording.

"Reavers!" Mal exclaimed.
"She was turning. That's why she was cuffed," Lou said.
"Poor thing," Mal replied with a shake of his head.
"Are you able to store this so I can take it home?" Lou asked River.
River nodded and started typing.
Mal and Lou returned to the cargo hold to see Jayne stood there.
"What's with the long faces?" He asked.
"The girl was turning into a reaver. Danny saved her from Duggar's crew," Lou said.
"Saved her? Hell if she was a Reaver she would have ended them!" Jayne said.
"Or turned them into the worst reavers in history," Mal replied.
"True," Jayne said and heaved the last box up.
"Help me shift this panel first," Mal said kicking a hollow wall.
Jayne yanked a metal plate loose revealing a hollow crawlspace designed for easy access in case of repairs. There was however no room for a person there. The wall was filled with sealed metal crates.
"Paydirt!" Jayne grinned and started lugging the boxes out. They were heavy and there were a lot of them.
Once the crawlspace was empty they checked the other side of the shuttle and found the same amount there. They spent a while lugging heavy boxes out of the hole, stacking it up on the mule's trailer. Wash looked uncomfortable holding Lou's rifle but he and Zoe stayed acting guard. Last of all, Lou took the box of bones. She dropped the syringe and tube in as well. Once they were out, Lou handed the box to River and grabbed the pickaxe from Jayne loosening the rosebush from the ground.
"What the hell are you doing?" Jayne asked.
"I don't need this to stay here anymore so I'm gonna move it," Lou grinted as she loosened the soil around the bush.
Jayne looked at her for a minute.
"Dunno why you are insisting on keeping every memory," he muttered and grabbed the stem of the bush yanking it up with one swift tug.
The bush loosened and a thorny branch smacked Jayne across the face.
"Gorram Danny has been dead for years but I swear he's still out for my blood!" Jayne mumbled wiping a trickle of blood out of his eyebrow.
Lou hid a smirk as he turned to her.
"What?" He asked.
"Nothing," Lou grinned heading up the slope with the remaining spades and pickaxes, leaving Jayne to carry the roses. She giggled under her breath as he swore about useless plants and sentimental womenfolk.
"What's that for?" Mal asked indicating the bleeding, swearing and grumpy Jayne behind the rosebush.
"Mostly coz I wanted to see what he looks like carrying flowers," Lou giggled. "But mostly because it's no longer needed as a clue and my bees would appreciate them."
"I ain't carrying that damned thing no more," Jayne mumbled.
Lou walked up to him placing a quick kiss on his cheek.
"Well, thank you," she said and placed the rosebush onto the trailer. She turned back to see him wiping blood from a thorn cut on his cheek. Quickly she pulled a first aid kit out of her bag and got out an antiseptic wipe. He took it grumpily out of her hand and scowlingly wiped his face.
"What you grinning at?" He grouched.
She took the wipe and rubbed at a scratch he'd missed.
"Oh. Nothing. Just still think you're kinda cute, is all," she said with an innocent smile.
For a second his face flickered into something looking like surprise before he realigned himself into a grouchy expression. His eyes however had gone from a stormy gray to blue, which told Lou exactly what she wanted to know.
"So, are you kissing him anytime soon," Wash asked. The rest of them were on the mule ready to go.
Lou turned and jumped on the mule with a smirk. Jayne jumped up after and looked ever grouchier than before.
Back at the cabin, Lou grabbed the rosebush and a spade and set out for the hives where she begun digging a hole in the ground. As she fitted the earth back around the root, she saw Jayne stood leaning against a tree.
"You're gonna wreck my reputation you know," he stated.
"Yeah? Which reputation? The one where you are a total bad ass mercenary, or the one where you are a sucker for whatever I want you to do?" She asked cheekily.
His attitude faltered dramatically.
"I'm not a sucker!" He protested.
"Then why do you have your eyes on me at all times?" Lou asked.
"I don't!" He huffed.
"Yes you do," Lou grinned.
"What do you want me to do then?" He asked pushing away from the tree so that he was only inches from her looking fierce.
"I'll let you know," she smirked.