Chapter2 Sophie Jackson? No comments.

____Nevaeh's POV____

"This is ridiculous." I looked over at Sophie, who was sniffing lightly, blowing her nose in a handkerchief. Gross.

"Is not," she argued, still crying on the scene displayed on the screen. I face-palmed myself. "Are you seriously crying because that girl on TV lost her crush to her evil friend?" She looked at me as though I was asking something for which I should be put in jail. Hey! Come on! I'm not THAT insensitive.

"Yes. And if YOU wouldn't be like THIS. I'm sure you would be shedding tears in pain like me." When she said 'THIS', her finger was pointing at my sweat pants and t-shirt in accusation. And 'Tears of Pain'? she's such a dramatic female.

"You know, today I should've had a movie night with Drake instead." I teased, sighing loudly. Sophie narrowed her eyes and scowled at me. "YOU, are here because legally, today is our 'girl' movie night. YOU are supposed to be sitting with me and watching chick-flicks so I can stuff some ounce of girlyness in that huge head of yours. YOU are here because I'm HEARTBROKEN!!" she yelled in my face.

I put two cushions on my sensitive ears to prevent them from hardcore permanent damage. Yes my dear friends, our very own Sophie Jackson is heartbroken today, in the very first week of 11th grade. Why? Because her monthly crush got a new girlfriend over the summer. And according to her, I'm supposed to be consoling her while she's munching on kit kats, popcorn and strawberry icecream, watching a movie which is less dramatic than she is.

Just then door bell rang with its usual chiming sound. "I'll get that, and leave some popcorn for me Ms.Heartbroken." I chuckled and she aimed a can of Coke at me, which thankfully she missed. "You know that could have caused me a brain hamourage had you thrown it right." I scowled at her and left the room. Jogging down the stairs I made my way to the front door where the person on the opposite side was continuously ringing the bell and knocking at the door.

"Oh gosh! I'm coming. Please hold your impatient a*s!" That came out a bit rude than I meant. I don't swear normally and I'm a bit high on chickflicks right now, they never do good to me (You can say I'm allergic to them, I'd rather watch some sci-fi) But what can I say? Drake's company isn't very spiritual. I threw the door open only to find my.....dad. Oops.

"Um, hi dad. I didn't mean to say that you have an impatient-" He cut me mid-sentence handing his briefcase to me. "Ah, thats alright.", he waved it off, heading straight to the kitchen. I placed his briefcase on the couch in the livingroom and proceeded for the kitchen only to find him chugging down a whole bottle of cold water.

"Hot outside, isn't it?" He closed the cap and looked at me. "Yeah. Global warming will roast us up." We both chuckled at out nerdy joke and after ruffling my hair a bit he went straight to his study. I turned on my heels and went up the stairs into my room. As expected, Sophie was sprawled on the floor, hugging a pillow with lots of food in her mouth.

Just as I left her.

"So, by the looks of it, you called your dad's behind, 'impatient'?" she mused. "Haha, not funny. Anyway, he doesn't mind if I swear. He's heard it all when my mom lived with us and my mom swore more than any teenager would. He's used to, you see. I doubt whether your parents would agree to that." I teased, snatching away the bucket of popcorn from her. "You bet. They'll ground me for all eternity if they heard me swear. You're dad is so cool."

"Cool? Whatever you mean by that." I rolled my eyes. My dad was a sweetheart and I love him. But he can be difficult sometimes. I mean, he has restricted me from growing my nails and do mani-pedi, he says if I'm careless, I can get stomach infection if there's dirt in my nails or break them. No dresses to wear at school, because according to him, the boys in this generation of ours aren't very respectful and he doesn't like me showing skin.