If my men can't find it, it doesn't exist.

En başından başla

"I do not do the dating, relationship, or possessive bullshit thing. I want there to be no misunderstanding on this."

"I understand you're not some pet to be tamed, it would be easier to tame a twister than make you do anything you don't want to do."

"Then what is this?"

"Two powerful acquaintances who are more powerful and valuable to one another and each's causes together than apart."

"What are you asking for? Don't hide behind pretty words. Speak plainly."

"I want your time and attention. In exchange you'd get mine as well, plus I'm willing to use my private resources to aid you in anyway you need or ask."

"All that for my attention?  I don't believe you."

"Fiore, you are a woman impossible to please.  I have offered my time, money, gifts, power, myself, and not one of these even piques your interest in the slightest.  I'm a man with a lot to offer, but nothing to offer you.  You want nothing I can offer."

Fiore leaned back in her chair. "That's because I don't understand your motives." Fiore admitted.

"Fiore you heard that piece. It is rare to find kindred spirits like ours. I believe we can understand one another at a level that most others cannot comprehend. You do not judge people for doing what is necessary. You don't bat an eye while discussing death. You are a queen who has chosen to let another believe themself in charge,"

"Watch what you say next."

"I'm not saying a literal crown. You have all the qualities of a queen. Cassandra is something special to you."

"Queen Cassandra or Her Majesty. Do not address her so casually." Fiore warned. "I've already explained this to you."

"Yes, yes, she's your queen, keep in mind she isn't mine."

"Where is your loyalty?"

"To myself."

"Comforting."

"No one else has been loyal to me."

"Tell me about yourself."

"Not here."

"Where then?"

"Your place?"

"Or not."

"Then mine?"

"Let's go."

Chuck paid the cheque and led Fiore down to the car. "Tell your bodyguard to relax." Chuck whispered, his breath warm on her ear. "The only ravaging of you will be at your request."

Fiore chuckled, amused. "Kenneth doesn't relax. And he will be following us. Get over it. I'm sure your goon, Jax is it, is watching over you too."

"And what do you know about Jax?"

"Enough." Fiore teased.

Chuck smiled as he helped Fiore into the car and followed behind her. The ride to the hotel was quiet and filled with a tension and the promise of sex. Once they arrived at the luxurious hotel, they settled themselves and Chuck poured Fiore a drink and sat on the plush couch beside her.

"What did you want to know?" He asked as he pushed a stray lock behind her ear.

"Tell me about yourself. You say no one else has been loyal to you, but I don't believe that. It sounds like you're being a drama queen."

"I strike you as a drama queen?"

"You do have a flair for the dramatic.  And you have at least one devoted fan."