Jeff

Jeff

I stab the man in the stomach and twist. He goes down screaming. That's what you get, you bastard. I look around and choose the door on the left. EJ, where the fuck did they lock you up? I survey the room. It's the wrong one. A small, reedy-looking man cowers in a chair pulled up to a cluttered desk. My eyes sweep it and I see EJ's mask and weapons. I cross the room and grab them.

"You can't take those." The little man was actually trying to stop me. "They're part of a murder investigation."

I slice the man's throat. "I did it, along with my friend. There, case closed." I turn and run back through the door I came from. I try the door on the right this time and find several more closed doors. I burst into the first one.

BANG! BANG!

I deflect the bullets with my blade and kill the occupants of the room. I realize a moment later that one wall of the room is a window. A thoroughly average person is banging on the window, and EJ is laughing behind them.

I race out of the room and try the door of the next one. It opens with a squeal.

"Cut his throat, Jeff!" Jack yells. I do as commanded. The man falls to my feet, dead seconds later.

"Is your ankle feeling better, Jack? Because we really need to run like hell." I grab his arm and pull him along behind me. The handcuffs that were supposed to be holding him fall to the floor. "I have your mask."

"Thanks, man." Jack covers his face with it. "Let's get out of here. Do you have my blades?"

I hand him his scalpels with a little bow I know he can't see. "Here they are."

We run out of the room fast. There were probably people coming for us right now. We burst out of the doors and out into the sun. "This way!" Jack yells. I follow without complaint. I need to save my breath for running.

We take this street then run down an alley. I hear sirens behind us. We run two more blocks before taking another alley and running through the small space between two buildings. I feel like stopping and just killing all the policemen, but Jack clearly has other ideas.

The police were definitely on our tail. I even saw them a couple of times.

We duck through several more allies and cross even more streets. I prayed that this would turn out okay. When I thought we would never get away, I realized that the sirens sounded fainter. We were losing them! At last the sounds of pursuit fade into the distance and all we can hear is the sound of our pounding feet. We finally stop behind an abandoned warehouse to catch our breath. I lean against the wall and stare at the gray sky, trying to slow my pounding heart.

Suddenly Jack slams his hands into the wall on either side of my head. "What the fuck were you thinking?"

I look into his mask and laugh, "I couldn't just leave you Jack. Even for me, that would be cold."

"Why? It would have been the smart thing to do." I had never seen EJ this mad. "Tell me!" he screamed.

"Come on, Jack, you know why." When Jack didn't move, I sighed. "It's because I love you, idiot." I try to duck out from under his arms but am stopped.

"Say it again." Jack grabs me by my shoulders holding me in place.

"I love you." I purr. With long, white fingers I lift EJ's mask up and fit my lipless mouth to his in a kiss. I felt Jack's hand move from my shoulder to the back of my neck.

Even as he presses me against him, he whispers, "Say it now."

"I love you." I hiss as his nails dig into my neck. We kiss again harder and our breath mixes. He tastes so good. Like blood and something else I can't quite put my knife to. As our moans fill the silence of this lonely place, I bury my long fingers in his messy brown hair. I've waited for this for too long. Our kiss breaks and I'm left breathless.

"I love you too, Jeff." EJ says hoarsely.

I lean forward and kiss him again, more tenderly this time. "Is that so?" I bite his lip playfully.

"Yes. I have for a long time." EJ holds me tightly and I am aware of just how close we are.

"So are you going to ask me to be your 'special friend', or do I have to do it for you?" I whisper it in his ear and I feel him shiver.

"Will you?" Jack asks. "I don't want to be lonely anymore, Jeff."

"Of course I will." I step regretfully away. "Come on, Jack. We're going to get an earful from Slender If you don't get back soon."

"Fine." Hand in hand, we left as quickly as a shadow.

Together at last.