A Child Changes Everything. [Luna Longbottom]

Comenzar desde el principio

“Don’t touch anything.” He warned. Then, he added, “Or float anything. Don’t move anything!” 

Kelly nodded, and you could see her shoulders shrug at Draco catching the loophole they missed last time in McGonagall’s office. Draco rang the bell, but it wasn’t a traditional door bell. It almost sounded like a howl of some sort. You caught Kelly examining the nearest plant to her. As if aware it was being watched, the flower’s center opened to reveal what looked to be teeth. Kelly leapt backward away from the plant just as the old oak door swung open.

“Hello, Kris!” Luna said in her soft whispy voice. 

“Luna!” you smiled and gave her a hug. When you parted, her eyes came upon Draco. He seemed unsure of whether to offer a hand or just say hello.

“Draco. I knew we would be seeing more of you again.” 

“Oh… Er, hello.” He said awkwardly. She didn’t give off the most welcoming greeting to him. This took you by great surprise. She was always extremely nice to everyone.

“Come in!” She said, stepping aside. You entered the small house and your eyes traveled along the walls in curiousity. They were covered in frames of family photos, Quibbler articles, and some rather interesting looking plants and creatures. Every surface was stacked up high with books. 

“Lovely home, Luna.” You said, smiling.

“Oh, not at all. But it will have to do.” She said, handing them a tray of finger sandwiches and tea. You took it politely. You hadn’t forgotten Luna’s tendency to be completely honest. You spotted Kelly gravitating toward a jar filled with a slimy green substance. You sat her down next to you.

“Kelly, you look beautiful! I haven’t seen you since Ron and Hermione’s wedding. You were so little then!” she said, smiling at the little girl. 

“I’m five now!” she said proudly. You laughed and handed her a sandwich to munch on.

“Will Neville be home soon?” 

“I’m afraid not. He’s on expedition searching for rare Querdlewood in North Asia. Won’t be home until next week. He’s such an adventurer.” She said dreamily. Draco gave a small snort and you elbowed him discreetly.

“Thank you so much for responding so quickly to our owl, Luna.” 

“Oh of course! Anything for you and little Kelly!” she said. Suddenly, there was a loud flood of chiming throughout the tiny house. You nearly dropped your tea into your lap in surprise, and Kelly held her hands over her ears in pain. You spotted the many clocks that also were scattered around the house, but you were confused at the chiming. It was not the start of a new hour. It was 11:42, a strange time for a clock to chime. Luna sat quietly sipping her tea, waiting patiently for the chimes to stop. Once the deafening noise subsided, she cleared her throat. 

“They chime every 47 minutes. I would explain but it is a dreadfully long and boring story about Wognats. Unless, you have the time—“

“We don’t.” Draco said quickly. Luna laughed lightly. 

“I’m sure. Well, how can I help you then?”

“Yes, the reason we came.” You began. Luna watched you expectantly. “Well, I know that you took over the Quibbler after your father passed. Terribly sorry for your loss.” 

“Thank you. He was a special man, my father. One of a kind.”

“Well, the thing is, we find ourselves in a bit of… trouble. We need to find a man by the name of Artie Huggins. I believe he contributed to the Quibbler not too long ago.”