Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

I frowned down at him, wondering what was going through his mind, the words only served to make me confused, and kind of nervous. Somehow, my easy-going semi naked Cayden had become ruthless entrepreneur within seconds, and my mind was reeling, trying to sort through to the root of this change in his demeanour ...

"My whole world is empty of forgiveness – I need to be compensated for every wrong that I suffer – money or blood. You make me want something different – something better. Just by being you, you've changed my whole life, and you don't even know it."

"Cayden ... what are you talking about?" His words were really unsettling me; his body was coiled with evident tension, and it felt like he was trying to tell me something ... something important, that wasn't in the words I was being given. It felt like a fucking riddle, "I thought we went through all of this ...?"

He looked back at me, and he was back with me, in the moment, just like that. I felt like I'd just been thrown two parallel universes in a tenth of a second – that would have made more sense to me right then.

"You're right," the laugh he huffed out had no humour in it – it was quick and sharp – designed to expel all of the tight intensity that wound around him, "It must be the wine getting me maudlin!"

With a shake of his head, the apprehension dispelled from me in a moment – I accepted his words despite the uneasy feeling that something was off – simply because right then, that was what I needed. It was always that way – I would just blot over the bits of the puzzle that didn't seem to quite fit. I was so wrapped up in myself, truthfully, me and my fantasies.

Dropping his lips to mine, his kisses lit a familiar white heat through me. My arms clung to him, my knees too weak to hold me up as he led us both to the bed, wrapping my legs around his waist to carry me.

*********************************

We stayed another two days at the cabin – soaking in each other – the sun, the sea, the sand, the sex.

Well, the sex was fucking mind-blowing! Every time Cayden touched me, it was like a new experience, a different way to make love to me, to fuck me, as though he was trying to merge our bodies into one being.

I was frying off the vegetables in a pan, the cabin so small that, in the already sweltering heat, we weren't feeling any need to wear more than our underwear when the stove was running, and Cayden watched me with a dark, lingering need that I felt right through to my toes.

"It's so fucking sexy watching you cook," he dipped a finger into the glass of Pinot Grigio that he was drinking, swirling it around the rim idly, "I love watching your ass jiggle around in them Frenchies you wear so well ..."

"Jiggle?" I threw a cold piece of mushroom off the chopping board at him, "How dare you? I'll have you know my ass doesn't jiggle! Five gym sessions with my trainer every week make sure of that!"

"You have a personal trainer?"

I turned at the odd tone in his voice, but he wasn't looking back at me, he was reaching for some peanuts out of the pack on the breakfast bar he was sat at.

"Yeah," I shrugged, "I do Mixed Martial Arts training, it's just easier for a woman to hire a trainer."

I wrapped the vegetables into the soft tortilla, with a little spiced chicken, and coming around the tiny space to sit at the bench next to him, presenting my poor excuse for cuisine with a chirpy, "Voila!"

He chuckled, dropping a kiss to the top of my head as he reached across me for cutlery.

"This is nice," he murmured, giving up on the fork after barely a minute, "Doing like domestic things, just the two of us. I can't wait until we get back, and we get to do this every night ..."