10: Again!?!!!?

Gray's P.O.V
"Remember when we fixed grandpa's old Malibu?" Zach asked i nodded and saw Emma exit the room.
"Yeah but I'm not a grease monkey like you are" I giggled. Zach looked up giving me that familiar smirk that I missed.
He looked around to make sure no one was listening. I furrowed my eyebrows.
"What?" I asked in a lazy and irritated tone.
"I know that you like Emma"
I immediately froze up couldn't believe his sudden words.
"Do not!" I scoffed in a fake joking tone. I crossed my arms and leaned back on the wall. ".......why did she say anything ?" I asked in serious tone. Zach looked up at me with a smirk.
"Aha you do like her!" Zach said in kind of a loud tone. "Gray and Emma sitting on a Dino k-i-s-s-i-n-"
"OK, OK! You got me! Just SHHH!" I said holding my pointer finger to my mouth. Zach broke down laughing. "What? is Grway scared his wittle crush will find out?" Zach jokingly said. I looked out the door to make sure Emma wasn't there to hear anything. Zach had finally calmed down and I had sat down crossing my legs.
"And no I don't LIKE her......" I made a face at the 'like' part. "I uh, I um I.....i love her" I said finally realizing my feelings.
I rested my head on my hand. And took a deep breath. "She probably doesn't love me back- and I don't blame her who wants to be with a boy who is too naive to go through a simple divorce?!"
"Hey! divorces aren't simple and live isn't easy!" Zach shouted. I started tearing up this was just to much for me. Zach reassuringly shook my shoulder and began to talk again: "Gray i see the way she looks at you, she protected you from getting hurt. She told you to run and you did- you think she just did it for her own health huh?"
"No?" I sniffled. "But-I c-can't ask her out that's not the way I wanna go"
"You guys are practically alike just don't sweat it- don't even flirt- just be yourself and love will follow up and decide- let your emotions take over. I know that's definitely not happening between me and Hannah" he chuckled which resulted in me chuckling in there sham of a relationship.
"Now go and talk to Emma!" He nudged me to go. I grabbed the battery and passed it to Zach. "Go!" Zach seemed so frustrated it made me laugh.
"Ok, ok!" I said raising my hands in defeat. I walked out of the "garage" and searched through the dark for Emma. I wandered hopelessly for a bit and then noticed a flickering light a little ways farther. I felt butterflies in my stomach. My palms were super sweaty. I looked at Emma sitting there looking at the wall, she was sitting with her legs crisscrossed. Her curly hair was swept over her shoulder and her sniffling was evident. I couldn't stand to be away from her anymore- not even how much my nerves were going explode from all my nervousness. I took a deep breath and walked up to Emma.

"There you are- I was getting worried" I giggled letting my emotions fly free. I sat next to her crisscrossing my legs as she had done. I looked at the faded painting on the wall.
"It's a velociraptor" I said trying to start a conversation. She slightly smiled to herself and sniffled a bit then cleared her throat. She brought her hazel eyes to the painting.
"Um yeah it is" she said blankly she then cleared her throat once again. "You know sometimes i think that's what they would've looked like, you know- like before all the enhancing and what not" she said a little more intently. I nodded and smile to myself at her remark. It really is unfortunate what they do to the beautiful creatures here. I laid back and looked up at the ceiling I couldn't see much but I could make out some drawings and what seemed like a- zip line?
"Did you paint those?" I said pointing at the ceiling.
"Um yeah" she said blankly once again. I sat up and saw a bucket of paint. We could mark our place!
Emma was looking at the raptor painting and I wanted my idea to soothe her, she seemed troubled.

"Here give me your hand" I whispered. She was a bit unsure but then was trusting again. I placed the palm of my hand on the back of Emma's and dipped her hand into paint and proceeded to making our mark by pressing her palm against the wall leaving a maroon handprint. She held the sparkling flare to the area where I painted and admired her hand print. I then took my hand and placed my own handprint on the wall, placing it next to her's. I heard rustling and saw Emma's back towards mine she turned around with two paint brushes and warm smile. I smiled in return and we both proceeded to paint our name on the wall. Emma Mitchell doesn't sound bad i smiled to myself at that unrealistic thought. The sniffles and tears from Emma softly faded away. She was glowing and I mean actually glowing. I smiled knowing she was happy again. I might've died but I still feel happy when Emma is like this. I need to know her better, I need to know about her past. It was going to be hard I know but i wasn't going to push her. Baby steps. I really
wanted her trust me.