Chapter 7 - A Make-believe Cupid?

Start from the beginning

Greek mythology called her Aphrodite, Roman mythology referred to her as Venus, Egyptians worshipped an Isis, and in Norse mythology, she was Freyja.

Another oddity was that the beliefs often featured a male counterpart. Eros, Cupid, Bes, or Freyr was the names of the phallic embodiments of love. She scoffed. Amora would laugh at this. The thought made Unique smile. She could almost hear the Goddess’ speech about how it takes a certain amount of ‘natural feminine love’ not to succumb to the temptation of lust and other physical desires.

“What’s so funny?” Sion interrupted her thoughts.

Unique looked up to see Sion watching her. She pointed to the book. “This would make Amora seethe in anger. The amount of people worshipping a phallus is insane.”

“Well. Perhaps there’s something about it.” Sion flexed his muscles. “Everybody knows that males do all the hard work while females are only supposed to sit around and be pretty.”

“Just stop talking, please?” Unique turned the page. “Your inflated ego is disturbing my reading.”

“Have you found anything of interest then?” He left the bed and walked over to sit on the floor beside her.

Unique found the Roman mythology. “Well, this idea might work.”

She pointed at the picture of Cupid, a little chubby boy with blonde curls and a diaper. He was smiling brightly while holding a bow and an arrow with a heart-shaped head.

“I was thinking,” Unique turned to look him in the eyes. “That we could do something similar, perhaps.”

“I wonder what spurred this?”

She looked down, heat blazing to her cheeks. “Well. I was thinking about what you said about being good, and the saints and such.”

“Yeah?”

“And I figured that we should try to catch Amora’s attention since she’s the one who looks at earth the most.” Unique wet her lips. “We could do so, by making humans fall in love, and give them a chance to honor her power.”

Sion looked at the book and then back to her. “So you want us to set up humans?”

“Yes, like a make-believe Cupid.”

“Hmm. A make believe Cupid, you say?” Sion scratched his chin. “That’s sort of gross.”

Unique simply stared at him.

“Sweet lovin’ shouldn’t involve a naked kid in a diaper!”

“You know that wasn’t what I meant at all!” She closed the book. “Cupid shot people to make them fall in love. The baby is just a cuter image of it.”

“It’s disturbing, that’s what it is.”

“And that should come from you?” Unique sneered.

“You know… I am feeling a sort of resistance from you. It’s almost as if you don’t like me.” Sion pushed himself off the floor. “How do you figure we do this then?”

“Well. With my retro cognition and your passion, we can set up people that fit together.” Unique bit her bottom lip. “At least, I think I can access that part of them. And you can perhaps make them more willing to give it a chance.”

“Hmm.” Sion started to pace. “It could work.”

“Great! Let’s get to it then!” She stood up and walked to the door.

“What, now?”

She peered back over her shoulder. “If not now, then when do you want to start? I don’t know about you, but I want to get back to Haims as fast as possible.”