Sneaking Out (trigger warning)

It is currently 2a.m. I lie in bed thinking about what tomorrow will bring, as I listen to my favorite piano piece. It is quiet this Friday night and my parents have gone to bed. They got in another one of their famous fights today. Probably about money or something my step dad did wrong.

I'm thinking about my parent 's fight when I hear my phone buzz. It's a random number and when I look at the text it said "Hey Vicki. It's Teddy. Meet me at the park in 20 mins."

Oh my god oh my god oh my god. I think to myself over and over. What does he want? Do I sneak out or stay here? Is he going to tell me he likes me?

These random thoughts race through my mind when I finally decide to sneak out. I'm absolutely In Love with Teddy, but he has no idea. We've known each other since the 3rd grade and we've always been close.

About 15 minutes later I get to the park and sit on a swing. It's mid November. The air is cold and the ground is wet with rain water from earlier today. I sit in silence enjoying the cold air. Fall and winter are my favorite seasons because of the cold.

Around me there are other playground toys and some benches. The sky is dark blue and lit up with stars tonight. In the distance I hear other swings moving with the wind.

As I am lost in thoughts I feel a push on my back and I fly forward tward the star lit sky. I once again feel the wind in my hair and a slight grin approaches on my lips. I know exactly who pushed me.

"Hey pigeon." Teddy smiles when I stop myself on the swing. Pigeon was his nickname for me. When I ask him why, he says it's because I remind him of the city and pigeons usually live in bigger cities. "Hi Teddy!" I blush at the thought of the nickname he had given to me.

He gives me a hug and I hold on for as long as possibility, taking in his wonderfull axe colone scent. Unfortunately he pulls away.

"What's the matter?" I ask nervously.
"I need to ask you something." Teddy says gesturing to the bench nearby. We walk over and sit down. "I've been thinking about running away for a while now and I want everyone to go with me. We all have bad home lives and I think we would be better off without our parents. You're the first person I've talked to about this. I just... can't take it anymore." He explains rubbing his for arm.

I look at his arm and there are 7 cuts in a row. Teddy is pretty popular when it comes to school, but his home life is terrible. Weve all tried to help him stop cutting. Me, Katherine, Billie, Eva, and John. I even threw out his razor blades. He still finds a way. I will admit, I used to self harm a lot, but when I met Katherine , I felt a lot better because I finally had a friend.

"I know Teddy, but we can't just up and leave. We need a game plan before we ask anyone else."

"But you'll go with me , right?"
I look in his eyes and I see pain. Something must have happened at his house tonight. Even though he has a bad home life , I've never seen him so nervous and pained. "Absolutely." I said.

"Look. You go get some sleep. Well talk about this some more in the morning. Okay." I said.

"Can I stay with you?" Teddy asks me with tears welling up in his eyes. "Yes but you have to be out before 8 o'clock okay." "Okay I'll set an alarm. Thanks Pigeon." He smiled and we both stood up and walked to my truck.

When we got to my house I parked my truck right outside my bedroom window. It's a small house with no concrete of asphalt around it. The road to my house is complete dirt and so is our front lawn.

We climb on top of the truck and sneak back in my window.

We both get in my bed and I feel a horrible nervousness take over me. Teddy is facing the same direction as me. We lie on our sides. He isn't against me. He knows that would be a little awkward. However, there's always that little ambitious part of me that wants to grab his arm and put it around my waist so that we can cuddle. Unfortunately I'm not that brave. I feel him take off his beanie and run his long fingers through his soft hair. He puts his hand down and it touches the back of my neck sending shivers down my spine. If only I had the guts enough to tell him how I really feel.

We both drift off into a deep sleep feeling safe and warm.