"shhh"

tears are threatening to fall. one does. but noah stops me and pushes me out of the way so he can face her. amandala. he then looks up at me and gives me a look. stop he's saying. let me handle this. let me destroy her. he looks frightened. and strong. and determined.

"ms bates i'm afraid naoh is correct on that one. now tell me. does your love for him-"

"YOU STOP IT RIGHT THERE OR ILL"

everyone freezes. but i hear the guns lock around me. i want to rip out her jaw. i want to kill her.

but i can't. not like that.

she just

she just asked if i loved noah

love

no

not with noah.

but.

NO

she laughs and shakes her head .

"look at that mr brooks she's blushing. maybe she wants more than friendship. maybe she wants to get into your comfy be-"

"amandala this isn't necessary right now"

thank you noah

for saving me

party because maybe what she was saying was. true..

"oh but it is my dear. because i have been watching both of you. the chemistry between you two is enormous. Clara doesn't hate you like she says she does. neither do you noah. do you?"

Stop. stop . stop it. you monster.

embarrassing monster

true monster

he stops. looks up at me. i see it. that flash that i saw the first day in school. i see noah.

i stop everything. god. i want to run up to him and hug him. tell him i'm so so so sorry and that i was so selfish and annoying and-

i know that look from anywhere.

he's telling me to go. he's telling me to stop now. run away. go before they kill him too. his back his towards the others. and his presence is so close to me. beautiful noah

everyone thinks it too

probably amandala too

i know now. i know what I need to do.

its for the better. it for the better Clara.

he nods slowly and he smiles the type of smile that your heart wishes would stop for a minute wait. then start beating again. he then turns around fully and faces her

"i would never ever like Clara"

holy crap

even though i know that's not true. and noah is trying to mess with the,. its still hurts because it's noah. he said that.

it's not true.

right.

"i'm glad we're on the same page mr.brooks" she smiles. no. i'm sorry."

then she smirks.

"come here noah."

he follows drops everything. everything. that noah is gone. im standing a little straighter. it's cold out here. the doors shut tight and the guards are not moving a single muscle. not one muscle.

i swallow hard

goddamn rock

"clara"

i rise my head slowly. choking up a sob building in my throat. i want to scream. noah. what are you doing with her. why are you leaving my side.