The letter

I walk around the school, my usual converse on, with my jeans and a t-shirt. I never dress to impress but somehow I always do. I don't really understand how, but I still do.

"Jane! Did you see the new girl?" My friend Kyla asks.

"No.. What's her name?" I ask my friend.

"Cathrine, goes by Kate. She seems nice."

"K-KATE?!" I squeal. "W-what's her last name?" I ask frantically.

"Wow calm you tits girl! Her last name's key, weird.. Do you know her?"

"Know her?! She's my best friend! Well, other then you."

"Really? How do you know her?"

"Well, GAC. Girl across the country. It's an organization where girls come together to raise money for charities by walking long distances. It's fun and sometimes hold over night things. Me and Kate are usually walking together along with Rita. They're my close friends from GAC."

"Cool. So is Kate nice?" Kyla asks me.

"Yeah, he's also an incredible singer and drawer." I saw as a light tint of red crosses my face.

"Jane you ok? Your face is red."

"Ah! Y-yeah I'm fine! Well I gotta get to class, see ya at lunch!" I sat frantically and I run of to homeroom.

I make it to class an take my seat.

"Hello class, today we are having a new student. Please welcome her. Miss key, come in." Mr inoshi says. He's from japan and still has his accent. He's so quite young, twenty eight. Well, young ish..

"Hello, my name Catherine key, please call me Kate."

"Well kate, please sit next to jane. Jane, raise your hand."

I raise my hand happily. Oh my gosh! Kate is going to sit next to me! Ok, yes I'm dying like a girl who just got asked out by their life long crush but that pretty much what's happening. Well, in other word Kate is the girl who made me fully realize I'm bi. She was the first girl I have ever had a crush on. And I've had a crush on her for about six, seven years now. Which ever way you want to round it to. And over time I realized guys don't exactly appeal to me, some but not as many as normal girls. Whenever Kyla talks about guys I just nod and say, "yeah he's pretty cute." But I never really mean it, unless he is hot or cute.

"Hey aren't you in GAC?" Kate asks me.

"Yup! Hey Kate! When was the last time we met up? A week or so ago? Why did you tell me you where moving to my school?"

"I'm sorry jane. Just.. I don't know moving is hard."

"I see."

"So can you help me out? I missed a few weeks of school and may need help with somethings."

"Yeah! I can help!"

"Mis Lan and mis key! Please pay attention!" Mr inoshi yells.

"Sorry." Me and Kate say together. We look at each other and laugh. This is amazing! I just wish I came out already..

~ lunch ~

"Jane!" Kyla says as she runs up to me.

"Yeah?" I ask. Sitting in my usual spot at lunch.

"Well, I heard some people here are." She chokes. No! Dot tell me she's a homophobe! "Gay." I snapped, but I true to stay cool.

"What? Why's that a problem?" I ask calmly.

"Well what if they start making everyone else gay? That against The Lord Y'know!" Great, that's the reason.

I sighed, a deep sigh that indicates your fed up. "Alright. I get you believe every fucking word in the bible are true but that's not the case. The bible was written something thousand years ago. An at that time how many humans where on the earth?" I ask sternly.

"I don't know, like a hundred or so?" She says.

"Exactly. So of course being gay then but now, it's the twenty first century and there are too many humans. So no one gives a fuck if you chose a lover that you can't reproduce with. Alright?" I say.

Kyla sighs and nods.

"Wow jane, that's a side I've never seen of you." I hear Kate's voice say.

"Oh, h-hey Kate."

"hey. So where did you get all of that from? I mean I could never think of that stuff right off the bat."

"Well, me and my family had a random talk about sexuality. My parents don't really care what me and my sisters sexuality are for one. And two, they said that not all the things in the bible are true now because of how society has grown."

"True. I like how your family sounds. They sound like understanding people."

"They are. At times. Other times they don't really pay attention, especially my dad. He does it a lot more then my mom."

"Wow, well, that's how all parents are. It's normal." Kate says.

"Yeah, your right." I reply to Kate.

"Um, hello? Forgetting someone?" Kyla says.

"Oh! Sorry Kyla.. Oh. How are you and josh doing?" I ask.

"I was just going to tell you about that. Not that good. I recently caught him cheating on my with Emily, the cheerleader one."

"What?!" I bark. "Ugh, it just had to be her. She needs to realize that she can't just go around dating every guy she sees or likes."

"I know! It just pisses me off." She says agreeing with me.

"So do you think your going to talk to him?" I ask her.

"Yeah. Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding. Well I'll see you later!" Kyla says as she leaves.

"Bye!" I say as I relax.

"Wow, drama huh?" Kate says, scaring me because I forgot she was there.

"Uh! Y-yeah.. I hate it. I've never really been a dramatic person." I look down at my phone and see I got a text from another one of my best friends, Elli. She's been my friend since first grade and we're quite close.

E: hey, I heard Kate's here. You still like her right?

Me: yeah. Haven't told anyone right?

It took a little bit for her to text back.

E: really? That's mean! You think that little of me.. I'm your best friend, I would never tell a soul.

Me: yeah.. Sorry.

E: it's alright. Well I need to go. Bye.

Me: bye.

She most likely didn't want to get caught texting. Don't blame her, an A B student getting caught in class texting is kinda bad.

~ after school ~

I go to my locker and of course a few letters fall out. I've never been the one to be rude and throw them away, I like reading what they have to say.

I read over them and the last one catches my eye:

Hey Jane. I've liked you for a long time, ever since we met actually. I've always given you signs but I always feel you don't catch on. I know if you found out who I am you won change your perspective of me, but it still scares me. When I found out I was going to move to your school I was happy, not scared to move like the other times. By now I'm pretty sure you know who I am.

The newest person here,
                                                 Kate

I stare in embarrassment at the paper. Kate.. Likes me? I say in my head, full of excitement.

"Yahoo!" I let out. Heck no I could keep all of this in. Let's see, she's probably looking for some clubs to join. I'll go the the writers club, and ask if anyone's seen her. I walk into the direction of my club happily.