* ♡ Hadley Marie ♡ *

Hadley Marie

Fated?

Hadley pulled he car over to the side of the road as the police car roared up behind her with its lights flashing and sirens blaring. It sped on by as fast as could be, making her hope there wasn't an accident up ahead.

But luck wasn't on her side as she pulled to a stop behind the other cars to the side of the road. She grabbed her medical bag and slipped out of her car, then headed to the scene.

She was noticed and urged to take a look at a few people, the ambulance had been called and was on its way, she just needed to assess them. She looked at a small child first and after checking her, said she was fine, just scared.

Hadley assessed broken bones and head trauma as one male had struck his head, was bleeding badly and may have a concussion, but there had been no fatalities, thank goodness.

The driver of the other car was different to say the least. He was dazed and looking off into the woods, probably thinking of escaping. She knew as well that he was not human, he was other, most definitely a shifter of some kind.

She changed gloves, lifted his face and shined her light into his eyes. They flashed to black, which what she had been taught meant his animal was there at the forefront of his mind and she had to be very careful.

So she whispered, I'm a medical doctor and just need to assess you for injuries before the ambulance gets here. His eyes flashed back to normal and she sighed with relief before adding I'm well aware you're a shifter, and will be quick.

Dalton Regis nodded, allowed her to check him over, then she asked him what happened? He mumbled something which she couldn't hear and apologized, asking him to speak louder. She leaned closer and heard him say, rogues came out of the woods, rushed past the car ahead of me and disappeared back into the woods.

Hadley stiffened and asked if they were gone now, because she heard rogues were very dangerous to everyone. He took his time looking around and scenting the air, she saw his nostrils flare then he stopped and said no, they're gone now.

She looked at the woods herself and said good, I've been told they are dangerous to everyone here, so we have to hurry this up for sure. He nodded and said yes, I've contacted others who will arrive soon.

Hadley sat up on her heels and said good, just keep them from being spotted, I'll report to the officer what caused the accident asap. He nodded as Hadley stood up and said your fit as a fiddle, I'm sure you've healed up everything before I even arrived.

He looked at her again with his brows raised and asked how she even knew? She smiled and said I've got family who are a part of a pack. He lifted his head but she said I'm not what you're thinking, I was adopted and fully human.

He nodded and said you smell human but there's something special added. Hadley said well, I did have a run in with a werewolf when I was younger, he hadn't shifted yet so when he bit me, I wasn't infected.

Dalton asked who the hell did that? When did it happen? She kept her voice low and said when I was 12. He was in the same grade, it all happened after school one day and after he bit me, I was taken to the pack infirmary and assessed.

She added honestly, that is the last time I've had contact with other shifters. My parents whisked me away and I've never been allowed back. She said but I've not lost contact with my family, I just call them instead of visiting.

Dalton asked who was he, the one that bit you? She looked all around her and since no one was around said, he was Chancellor Brighton, son of Alpha Terrence Wesley Brighton of the Massachusetts Royal Pack.