Chapter 2: Mr. and Mrs. Caldwell

Steve and Diana were packed and ready to go that evening. They planned to arrive in Miami by plane late that night. But they couldn't go as themselves of course, so they took the names of Chris and Debra Caldwell, a wealthy couple, visiting family. Diana, however, couldn't help but wonder what Chase was up to. It seemed more complicated than just a vendetta against cops.

Steve's mind also wandered, but unlike Diana, his mind was stuck on Wonder Woman. He had so many questions cluttering his mind, and most of them involved her. "Diana?" he said to the woman sitting next to him. They were flying first class and Diana, who had had a very busy day, was curled up in her seat, trying to get some sleep.

"Yes, Steve?"

"How do you suppose Wonder Woman always knows exactly when and where we need her?" His voice was filled with a sense of childlike curiosity.

"I don't know. It never really crossed my mind. It sure is lucky though."

"Yeah. I wonder what she's doing right now."

Diana smiled into her pillow. "She's probably closer than you think." With that she fell asleep. Leaving Steve alone with his thoughts.

*************

They arrived in Miami early the next morning, checked into their hotel, and began to investigate. They had a meeting with Chase that day at 1:00. They would go under the guise of potential share buyers. Little did they know that Chase had been watching them, and knew exactly who they were.

They arrived on time. Diana wearing a cumbersome coat and blue tea length dress. She was wearing an expensive necklace with matching earrings and a designer hand bag. Steve wore a white suit and a blue and yellow checkered tie. They looked exceptionally rich and a tad snobbish.

Upon entering Chase's office, Diana noticed he had four security guards with him. As they entered the office two stayed posted outside. The meeting lasted all of forty long minutes and they got no interesting information from it. Diana did, however, manage to plant a listening device under the desk, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

"Well what do ya say to grabbing a bite to eat?" Steve asked as they entered a taxi.

"Sounds like a good idea."

"I hear they have a mean burger joint down on Falcon st."

"Delightful." They arrived at the joint and ordered, the burgers were pretty good. Diana excused herself for the restroom, but as she turned the corner, someone took hold of her arm and had a gun pressed to her back. "Where are you going Mrs. Caldwell? Or should I say Agent Prince."

"Excuse me sir, but if you don't let me go then you will be sorry."

He scoffed at her then threw a smile. "Sure doll. Now come with me." He went to lead her out the back to a waiting car, but before he knew what was happening she had his gun and he was lying on the floor. The commotion drew Steve's attention and he was soon by her side. "Nice work. Leave him there. We need to go."

***************
Back at the hotel...

"I think I got this thing working." Said Steve as he fiddled with a piece of equipment. "Let's get it a try." He turned a nob. At first he was met with only static, then muffled voices which began to grow clearer. "Bingo! You ready to write this down?"

Diana nodded and they began to listen for any clues through the speaker in Chase's office. They listened for about an hour but heard nothing remotely important. Finally, the two goons who had tried to capture Diana earlier entered.

*****************
"We tried boss. But we underestimated the girl. She took out Henry and then her and Trevor got away."

"Alright stop your whining. We can deal with your failure later. Right now we have bigger fish to fry. Here is our next objective: there is a parade scheduled Saturday to honor the local police force. My plan is to place explosives under the Randolph Bridge. It is a central location of the route. Once the police float is on the bridge we blow it and officer McGuire and the rest of those cronies will get what they deserve."

"Got it boss!"

***************
"We've got to stop them Steve!" Diana cried. Steve was leaning his head on his fists.

"Those officers won't stand a chance! We have to go in Saturday before the parade starts and disarm them."

************************************
A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted for so long! It's been a crazy couple months! Please comment and vote!