♦05♦ - Custody

Börja om från början

Harvid looked up at the ceiling, furrowing his eyebrows. "Jeunesse, I don't think you're aware of who this is."

"I am fully aware of whom he is. I would only like to ask once that you bring him to my floor."

Damn, he was strict. But it was kinda badass... in a really, kinda, sexy way, which was still so weird.

Harvid gave me a nasty look, and I replied with a sheepish smile. "Told ya."

He dropped me, and I guess I had to follow him to the elevators. I quickly retrieved my phone and got to my feet, eagerly tiptoeing behind him.

The elevator ride was terribly awkward because I could feel him boring a hateful glare into the side of my face. At one point when I did make eye contact, his nose flared at me, making me flinch.

Thankfully, the elevator finally came to a stop and I was out of there quicker than a gazelle being chased by a cheetah. Harvid was definitely the cheetah in this situation.

The floor looked much different from yesterday, less occupied and very neat with a long corridor that began after a neatly arranged lobby with black sofas. There were large windows that replaced the walls, and they all looked out into the city, the sun rising to the right of me.

"Whoa," I whispered with a childish grin, wandering mindlessly as Harvid was still trying to maneuver me forward. Now that I realized just how serious this place was, I was kind of scared to see Mikaela again, considering he was practically the lord of this place from what I knew.

Then again, Mikaela claimed he'd have me under his word, and to claim a stranger who had ruined his clothes just yesterday, he had to be extremely important. I was scared shitless to seem him again, no denying that.

The hallway gradually became darker as he led me further down it, and we finally stopped at a black door with a keypad on it and a slot for a key card. A white button was above the contraption, Harvid gently pressing it briefly. A small buzz went off on the adjacent side, all fancy and shit, then we just waited for a minute. I awkwardly stood, swaying slightly as I looked around, acting like nothing was wrong as my heart was screaming in anxiety.

Finally, after what seemed like a painful slow anxious hour, the door finally unlocked and slowly opened, the god himself stepping out.

It was like the moment had slowed again, and he tended to have that comical effect on me, but yet I never got tired of it. His hair, oh, man, each golden strand glistened in the sunlight pouring in through the window behind him. It slightly curled just above his shoulders, twining around his face and cheeks. His eyes looked as intimidating as ever with no more eyes from crying, confidently a blazing blue, glowing much like his soft skin. I didn't even have to touch it and I could tell it was soft. Dressed in a black, long sleeved, collared shirt and white pants just tight enough that I could see his figure, he looked sharp and serious, and my heart was pounding so fast I felt like it was going to explode. Not to mention that amazing, strong scent that was emitting from him.

Okay, there was no denying this guy made me a little gay. 'A little' being a slight understatement.

"Good morning," he said in that deep, smooth tone, as he leaned against the doorway. I couldn't tell if he was talking to Harvid or me, but I just nodded, still ogling at him. Harvid greeted him back, still glaring at me. "I can take it from here."

"I would not second that, Jeunesse," Harvid quickly interjected, making me glare up at him. He was still an annoying son of a bitch and I wanted to trim his hair with a chainsaw.

Mikaela eyed him, giving him a look that could say 'Did you not just hear what I said?' I hid back a smile, pulling my lips into my mouth. Harvid cleared his throat, crossing his arms.