Meeting my Mate

I sat in my office the next day going through the paperwork that I would need. I had files on each of the members of the family. The first one was the mother, Julie Quinn. She was a pretty brunette with blue eyes and a few freckles. She was 39 without any major medical problems.

The father, Arthur Quinn, was 43. He had black hair and green eyes. He has a minor heart problem, but I don't read further into that at the moment. He is, surprisingly, attractive for an older man. I sigh before moving on to their 20-year-old son, Jaden.

Jaden was... holy crap. He had dirty blond hair and blue eyes. The picture that I have of him, he has just a bit of stubble. I was staring at him when Jared walked in. I jumped. "Crap, you scared me," I said as I closed his file.

"Sorry, but the Quinn family is here. They are waiting outside," He said. I sighed.

"Why did you leave them out there? Invite them in," I told him, he nodded and walked out of my office.

I heard the front door. Suddenly, a rich and wonderful scent hit me. It smelled like a pine forest while it rained. But it wasn't raining outside.

'Mate!' My wolf, Kimberly, yelled in my head. I so badly wanted to run down there and see who it was, but I needed to be in total Alpha mode.

"Hello, my name is Jared Adams, I am the beta here," I heard Jared say. "Alpha is waiting up in her office, Mr. and Mrs. Quinn, please follow me. Jaden, please make yourself comfortable. Alpha just needs your parents to sign a few things. Once they are done then she will tell you all the rules and give you the tour!" He said. I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Oh, thank you, Sir," Said someone, who I am assuming to be Arthur.

"Please just call me Jared," He said. I shuffled my papers and cleared my throat as they entered my office. Julie gasped.

"I am sorry, but where is the Alpha?" She asked me with a surprised. I smiled.

"I am the Alpha," I said, holding my hand out for her. She shook it with a bewildered look on her face now. Jared laughed and stood next to me. I elbowed his ribs. Arthur laughed. 

"Feisty, I like it," He commented.

I laughed. "Thank you, Sir," I held out my hand for him. He shook it. I motioned them to sit in the chairs in front of me. 

"No offence Alpha, but aren't you a little young to be running a pack of this size?" Arthur asked. I laughed.

"It wasn't my decision. My parents untimely death two years ago left me, their only child, with this responsibility. But I don't mind. I was trained since I was a pup for this position," I explained.

"I am very sorry," He said looking down at his lap. 

"Don't be, you had nothing to do with it," I told him.

I went back to business immediately. I grabbed their folder's that sat in front of me and I quickly reviewed them. " So... Mr. Quinn, it says here that you wanted to move onto my territory because you thought that it would be safer for your son to live while he went to the university here?" I asked.

"Yes, my family has already witnessed first hand what devastation rogue werewolves can do," He said.

"Rogues?"

He nodded. "My hometown was attacked two years ago by wolves. I only found out later what they truly were," He continued. 

"Uh huh," Two years ago my pack was ravaged by rogues that ended up going into the suburbs just outside my territory. I remember it well, I even saved a young man before I found out what happened to my parents.