Rich kids boarding school... what fun!(?) Chapter four

Skye's POV

Wow it was good to be back in this place. And weird. I looked around our room fondly, exactly the same as the other two hundred rooms but it was our room. I smiled.

'Who was that girl anyway?' I asked, once we were all sitting down in our room, with beers in all of our hands.

'Which one?' asked Tom.

'That Nerina one. Who was talking to Kevin.' I looked expectantly up at Ricco Jordan, he seemed to know everything there was to know about everything going on in the school.

He hesitated, looking up from unpacking. 'Nerina Cassidy.'

I almost spat out my beer 'shit' I said 'Cassidy. She's a Cassidy.'

He shrugged 'technically. Her mum married Graham Cassidy a month ago and she took on the family name, her mum wants her to have a part in his will basically.'

I grinned 'so she's a goldigger.'

'Probably.'

'How is she Silkie's stepsister?' I asked.

'Well when two people get married-' began Tom.

'I get it' I said 'but they're so different and Silkie didn't talk about it or pay her any attention at all.'

'I don't know everything' said Ricco. 'But I know she's sixteen, and she used to go to Public school, her mum's a Russian model. Oh and Skye you'll love this, she's a virgin.'

'Seriously?' there was that look of innocence behind her eyes and I smiled 'maybe not for much longer.'

Dino's POV

'Do I seriously have to go back there?'

Dad frowned 'Dino. Listen.'

'OK. Look your sending me to a school I clearly don't belong in to hang around with kids so far up their own asses they can't see sunlight.' I kicked the chair. 'Oh God dad, can't I go to Public school?'

'For the last time no. It's about you education. Since I've sent you there your grades have gone from B's to A's.'

'That's because I spend all my time studying because none of them even like me' I replied.

'Try harder to fit in' dad suggested 'I don't know. Join the lacrosse team or something, make friends with your roommates, get a girlfriend I don't know. Just because they're rich doesn't make them bad people.'

'Your right' I agreed 'they're rich and they choose to be bad people.'

'You're going and that's the end of it.'

God. I hated the way my dad always got his way. He was a small-time artist until two years ago when he hit it big-time with a dodgy looking sculpture then he decided to take me out of the school I loved and throw me into the society I hated. Thanks dad.

As I stood in front of the school I wondered how I was going to survive this next year. Maybe I could just be a loner again, or I could end up being a nerd who got bullied, or maybe even get friends or like my dad said and maybe even a girlfriend. I snorted, as if any of the girls in this place would like me, or me like them. They're heads were filled with air and lip-gloss and they're greatest ambitions were to be socialites. Christ they gave shallow a new meaning. Not that the guys were any better.

I was one of the last to arrive, on purpose granted, and I knew in fifteen minutes the bell for dinner would go and the corridors would be crowded.

I walked up the nearly empty stairs and up the stairs to my floor. Wow this place felt familiar, due to the fact it was now my second year. Ah well no more awkward first greetings.

I pushed through the corridor door and almost banged into the girl just opening it.

'I'm sorry' I said quickly and she laughed nervously.

'No, it was my fault. I saw you coming, I'm just stupid.' She smiled and tucked some of her dark hair behind her ear. I realised with a jolt that she was completely stunning, with those huge dark eyes that didn't seem real. I tried to smile.

'Hi' I said, sounding stupid.

'Hi,' she laughed nervously 'I'm new.'

'Really?' I said, even though I couldn't give a damn if she was new or not. Then across the hall my door opened and Skye was standing in the doorway with a bottle of beer in his hand. 'There you are Dino, I thought you might not be coming back.'

'Thanks' I said, walking towards him and the girl turned round. I thought for a second she might be looking at me but her eyes were fixed on Skye, wow that was surprising.

'Hi Nerina' said Skye, leaning against the door.

Nerina grinned, then bit her lip 'hi Skye' she said, blushing perfectly.

'How's the moving in going?' he asked, I felt sick.

'Brilliant, thanks' she said. Oh God, she was in love with him. I felt my heart drop and reminded myself she was just another rich girl.

'Right. See you at dinner.'

'Yeah, bye Skye.'

'Bye Nerina' he said, then closed the door.

'Who's that?' I asked before I could stop myself.

'Nerina Cassidy' he said, grinning annoyingly. Well why wouldn't he? As far as I knew everything in his life was awesome, and Nerina was completely smitten with him. He was looking at me like I was an idiot 'Silkie Cassidy's stepsister.'

'Oh right' I knew who Silkie was. I sat down on my bed 'it's good to be home' I said sarcastically, something told me this year would be even worse than the last.