Chapter 6 - Whiskey Makes Everything better

Start from the beginning

“Sion…” she tried. He reacted and attempted to sit up.

“Yeah…?” He rubbed his eyes. “What’s up?”

Unique handed him the water. “Where were you?”

Sion ignored the water and leaned back on the bed. “I was outside. I met a friendly human.” He frowned. “A very friendly human.”

“What do you mea—“

She stopped speaking when she noticed something. There were deep red marks on his collarbone. She leaned closer. His bare skin smelled sweet. Why had he walked outside without a shirt? She sniffed. Was it… strawberries?

“Are you having fun?”

Unique raised her head and came face to face with Sion. As always, his smirk was planted firmly on his face. Oh, how she would like to wipe that smirk away…

“I’m good.” She leaned against the wall. “Tell me where you went. You reek.”

“I was with someone friendly,” he slurred. “Someone who doesn’t think I’m a failure.”

Unique held her breath. Had her words hurt him this much? It was hard to believe. He always held himself with pride. She frowned. “That was reckless. You shouldn’t endanger yourself like that.”

Sion groaned and covered his face with his palms. “You just don’t get it.”

“What is it that I’m supposed to get?” Unique hugged her knees.

“Nothing… everything… That some things are better left unsaid.”

“Comes from the guy who blurts every perverted thought he has.”

Sion cringed. “Please don’t argue with me.”

“Why?”

“I don’t want to argue with you.” He fumbled with his fingers. “I’ve never wanted to argue with you, to be honest.”

“Then stop making me angry!”

Sion didn’t answer; he closed his eyes and remained silent.

“Sion?” she asked. Had he fallen asleep?

“Mm.” He rolled over and opened his eyes. “I’m trying not to anger you. Does it work?”

She rolled her eyes. “You’re such a dork.”

“Adorable dork though, right?”

“Go to bed, Sion,”

He pouted but edged up on the bed. Placing his body on the left side of the bed, he patted beside him. “I dare you.” He winked.

She didn’t want to back down from him. But on the other side, she didn’t particularly want to give him a chance for more perverted memories. She nodded once. “Only if you promise not to do anything.”

“The audacity!” He widened his eyes and feigned a gasp. “To suggest such a thing would—fine I promise.”

Unique smiled at him and jumped up on the bed beside him. The silence spread out between them. Awkward.

“Unique..?” he asked.

She hummed a reply.

“Can you turn off the lights?”

Dammit. She’d hoped that he wouldn’t notice. With hesitance, she rolled off the bed and walked over to the light switch. Blinded by the darkness, she waited for her eyes to adjust.