Ivy Gail

Ivy Gail

Fated?

Ivy was unwanted. She'd been told or showed that all her life.

First was by her mother, she never knew what it meant at first but she soon learned.

Yeah, as a baby you learn quick because Ivy did. Hunger eats at your belly and you cry to get someone to feed you.

Over time others had to come into her room and feed her because her mother sure didn't.

Her father was a no show. He was never seen by Ivy until she was a little older, but as soon as he saw her, he would leave the room.

Then she was moved into a home with other children. They were not like her, each week strange people would be allowed in and they would check each of them over and finally take their pick or leave empty handed.

Over time you give up, knowing that all the others that had been here with you were chosen and taken away. She was the last, then they started to bring in more children.

Over time, the whole thing started again and Ivy was the last, as all the others were chosen leaving her there alone. More children were brought in and she wondered why, where did all these children come from.

Over and over the cycle would start again as each time kids were brought in then they left, and new kids wouldn't be brought in until there was only her left.

She stopped finding out their names, why bother when they would be chosen and she would be left unwanted. She stayed in a corner, or would find furniture to hide behind. Why come out when she wouldn't be chosen anyways.

When the last batch of kids were brought in, Ivy didn't even talk to them. She wrapped her arms around herself and stayed away from them.

Then the night before the strange people were to have come to chose a child, she heard noises of pops and screams, people rushing in with flashlights and guns drawn.

It was terrifying as she crawled under a bed to hide. She was yanked back from under the bed by her feet. She kicked and thrashed but never said a sound.

Nevertheless she was pulled out and taken with the other kids who were crying and bawling their eyes out. They had cuddled together and the police or whoever theses people were had a hard time separating them.

She was lifted up and handed to someone else, who looked at her and shuddered. She figured it was disgust as she was told that many times they should have refused to take her because no one would want her.

She pulled away all her emotions at feeling that shudder. She blanked her face and just looked like it was just another day. Yeah of her being unwanted.

She was handed to another person and again one look and she would feel those hand shake presumably in disgust and then she was handed to another until she was too dizzy and closed her eyes. The next thing that happened was for her to vomit.

Too many hands touching her, too mush revolt at their looking at her, it hurt to the core of her that she didn't want to see it on their faces anymore or feel it as they shuddered anymore.

She woke up in another strange place, lying on another bed. She sat up and pulled up the covers as people walked by and glanced in, took a look at her and sneered or what looked like a sneer of hate.

She pulled the blanket from the bed and slid off then went to the corner a hid behind a chair. She pulled the blanket around her so her face couldn't be seen and stayed there, quiet as could be.

She must have fallen asleep, but suddenly she heard nothing but the pounding of her heart after a screeching sound of an alarm went off scaring her.

She peeked around the chair just once to see what was happening, people rushing by in the hallway, yelling and screaming of females who were most likely frightened.