Chapter 1 Tracking, Traveling and Dreams

The mass of Uruk-Hai ran across the plains of Rohan at a brisk pace like a gigantic splodge of blackness on the green plains and on the backs of two Uruks two Hobbits were bound like sacks of flour. The clinking of the beast's armour and weaponry drowned out all the pleasant sounds of nature, the two hobbits were bound by their hands and feet to their captors, one was asleep his head lolling limply as the monsters marched, a bloody welt on his forehead. "Merry?" The other hobbit asked frantically "Merry?" He repeated but Merry did not answer.
The lead Uruk raised his fist to stop his brethren as at least ten orcs emerged from the behind the rocks "You're late," hissed one of the orcs, baring his sharpened yellow teeth, his blue eyes twitched "Our master grows impatient, he wants the Shire-Rats now."
The big brutish Uruk-Hai leader marched forward, a vein throbbed in his thick neck "I don't take orders from Orc-maggots," growled the leader in his deep intimidating voice "Saruman will have his prize, we will deliver them," he turned away from the orcs who gnashed their teeth at him.
Merry breathing had started to become laboured as he bounced on the Uruk-Hai's back, his head lolled backwards "Merry?" Asked Pippin nervously "Merry? Wake up," Merry did not wake up. Then Pippin noticed an Uruk-Hai drinking out of a leather waterskin "My friend is sick," said Pippin desperately, the Uruk-Hai took one last draught of the liquid before turning his helmeted head towards Pippin "He needs water, please!"
The Uruk-Hai growled at him before returning to drink but just as he put it to his lips the Uruk-Hai's rumbling voice rang out "Sick is he?" Said the leader nastily "Give 'im some medicine boys!" He cackled with amusement as the Uruk with the waterskin poured its entire contents down Merry's throat, the red liquid sloshed all over the poor Hobbit's face.
"Stop it!" Pippin shouted but the Uruk did not stop until it was empty, Merry coughed loudly as the red liquid poured out his mouth.
"Can't take his draught!" Roared the leader in amusement, laughing loudly.
"Leave him alone!" Yelled Pippin at the Uruk-Hai.
"Why?" Barked the leader focusing his attention on Pippin "You want some?" Pippin shook his head violently "Then keep your mouth shut," ordered the leader and he walked back to the front and the Uruk-Hai pack started running again.
"Merry?" Asked Pippin.
Merry turned his head round to face his friend "Hello Pip," he croaked, red droplets from his forced drink ran down his face.
It was now that Pippin saw the angry red cut on his forehead "You're hurt," whispered Pippin concernedly.
"I'm fine," reassured Merry "It was just an act."
"An act?!"
"See, I fooled you too," Merry managed a weak smile "Don't worry about me Pippin."
The sound of heavy sniffing broke the silence "What is it?" Asked the leader "What do you smell?"
"Man-flesh," growled the sniffer.
Worried looks passed through the pack of Uruk-Hai and the small amount of goblins "They've picked up our trail!" Roared the leader angrily.
"Aragorn," whispered Pippin excitedly as the Uruk-Hai started to run.
"Let's move!" Shouted the leader as they ran.
Harry woke with a start "Hobbits!" He exclaimed, banging his head on the roof of the cave he had spent the night in.
"What is it?" Asked Legolas, who was inspecting his arrows carefully.
"Nothing," muttered Harry, running a hand through his hair "Just a dream," he got up off of his bedroll and stretched slightly before going outside into the warm sun and he saw Aragorn with his rested on a stone as if listening for something.
"Their pace has quickened," said the ranger, "They must have caught our scent, hurry!"
"Coming!" Shouted Harry as he belted on his faithful sword Istar, his white staff gifted to him by Lady Galadriel and rolled up his bedroll and followed after Aragorn, tailed by Legolas and Gimli.
"Come on Gimli," called Legolas, the red bearded dwarf behind them panted and was sweating heavily under all his armour and weapons.
Harry suppressed a snigger at the sight of Gimli "My, master dwarf," he said "You look rather sweaty in that armour don't you?"
"Three days and nights pursuit," muttered Gimli "No food, no rest and no sign of our quarry, but what bare rock can tell, so that tends to make a dwarf sweaty Hadrid," Harry rolled his eyes at the dwarf and ran ahead.
They ran, ran and ran some more in their quest to save Merry and Pippin from torture and evil; over heathland, hills, rocks and anything nature could throw at them the intrepid quartet did not stop them. Soon they had reached the rocky pass Harry had seen in his dream, large footprints in the turf confirmed the Uruk-Hai had been there and in the center of one of the footprints there lay a small broach in the shape of a green leaf. Aragorn picked it up and raised it to his face "Not idly do the leaves of Lórien fall," he muttered.
Harry looked at it "No, one of the Hobbits must have dropped it as their captors ran through here."
"They may still be alive," said Legolas hopefully.
"They are less than a day ahead of us, I'd wager," said Harry scratching his chin.
"Come!" Called Aragorn as he started to run followed by Harry and Legolas.
From behind them Harry heard a large grunt and turned to see Gimli roll down the grassy slope and onto the floor "Come Gimli!" Harry called.
"We're gaining on them!" Added Legolas, and they kept running.
"I'm wasted on cross-country," growled Gimli in an annoyed way "We dwarves are natural sprinters, very dangerous over short distances."
Soon the four of them had climbed to the top of a large hill, they could see for miles across the plains of Rohan, they could just see the city of Edoras on the horizon, "Rohan," whispered Harry.
"The home of the Horse-lords," said Aragorn, he paused for a moment "There's something strange at work here," he said "Some evil gives speed to these creatures, sets its will against us."
"It is most likely enchantments performed by Saruman," spat Harry, after Voldemort he hated Saruman the most out of all wizards.
Legolas ran down the hill and stood on a small rock on the edge of a large cliff "Legolas!" Called Aragorn "What do your Elf-eyes see?"
"The Uruks turn northeast!" Called Legolas, he paused for a moment as he squinted slightly "They are taking the Hobbits to Isengard!"
"Isengard, Isengard, Isengard!" Harry repeated in annoyed way, Gimli raised an amused eyebrow at Harry.
"Saruman," whispered Aragorn.

Sorry for the short chapter but still the first part, yay! And just so you know Harry will see the other's troubles in dreams he won't actually be with Sam and Frodo.