"Are you Hades DiAngelo?" I ask, looking at the fat slob. he nods and calls for Nico again. "He won't be answering. You know why? He's in the goddamn hospital. He downed four bottles of liquor and three bottles of pills." I say, looking him in the cold dead eye. His father grunts and looks over at Calypso. "Wanna have a good time honey?" He asks. I stumble back as he only thinks about pleasure. "Your fucking son may not live through the night, or could already be dead and you only think about sex?You are fucking disgusting." I spit before slamming my fist into his jaw. 

I pound my fists into his flabby body before He shoves me off. "You monster! How could you hit your elder!" He screams, spittle flying from his swollen gross mouth. "I'm the monster? I'm not the one who starved him, whipped him, carved words like 'fag' and 'emo' into his back. You know what else I didn't do? I didn't fucking rape him!" I yell, voice rising with every word. I shove him into the wall before storming out of the house. I start my car and drive to the hospital, hoping to find out something. 

I push the glass doors open and get a face full of hospital smell. Ew. I walk over to reception and ask about Nico. "He was admitted about an hour ago, Suicide attempt?" I ask, hope gleaming in my eyes. "Sorry, only immediate family allowed at this time." He says, looking down his nose at me. I Growl in frustration. "His only recorded family? You mean the father who starved and abused him in every way possible?" I snap, slamming my hands down on the desk. "I'm the one who shoved my fingers down his throat to make him vomit, bound his wounds, and did my best for CPR. So dammit if I want to see how he's doing I fucking will!" I yell. He widens his eyes and rings security. 

A doctor comes out as three HUGE guys walk in. "Visitation for Nico DiAngelo?" The doctor asks. I nods and he waves the security off. "This way. Nico seems to have swallowed over three hundred and fifty pills, and was on the brink of alcohol poisoning." He lists off. "I'm Dr.Apollo, and I regret to inform you that although he survived, Nico has put himself into a coma." I shudder and we stop at a door, 152. I push the door open and see Nico, lying in stark white bed clothes. I drag a chair over to his bedside and collapse into it.

The doctor walks out and I take in his appearance. Nicos dark hair is splayed out around his face, all worry lines are gone. His lips form a slight pout and I ghost my fingers over his cheek bone. "You gotta wake up man. I want to know who you are. You can't leave now. I never even got to apologize. God, I'm such a hypocrite though. I tease and bullied you for being gay, without any proof. While I'm over here like, let me vomit a couple hundred rainbows." I chuckle. "I'm chillin' with a huge fucking crush on you, and get so fucking jealous when you 'talk' to your friends. I wish you could hear me. Not for any of that, but, because, I need you to tell me it's my fault. I need to know, when did you topple over the edge." I grasp onto his hand and bring his knuckles to my cheek.

"I need you to get me back for all those blows. I need you to know that I'm so fucking sorry. I need you to know that I'm gunna protect you when you get out of here. I need you to know that I will never lay a hand on you with malicious intent again. I need to see you awake. I need to look at the stars in your eyes. I need to be able to rub out those worry lines. I need to see you glare at me, scowl at me, one more time. I need to be able to hug you, hold you, and pine after you like a school girl. I just need you." I sob. I hold onto his hand and gently press my lips to his knuckles. I stand up and rub my face.

"I'll be back tomorrow." I mutter. I drive home and shove my door open. "Leo, where were you?" My aunt asks me. "I was at the hospital." I say. "Oh, are either of those lovely boys you hang out with hurt?" Rosa asks. I shake my head and walk to my room. "Leonardo Valdez do not walk away from me!" She yells, grabbing my arm. I whip around and glare at her. "You know who I was with? I was with Nico DiAngelo, who attempted suicide, Because you make your kid follow me. You threaten me if I don't act like a homophobic prick, because, 'that's what Esperanza would have wanted'. Because of me he downed three bottles of pills. And you know what? I can never forgive myself for what I put him through, because I'm falling for him!" I seeth.