The Zoo Next Door

Over the next year, Harry and Hermione's friendship stayed steady. During their fourth year, while Harry and Ron fought, Hermione stayed by Harry's side. While Harry risked death in dangerous tasks, Hermione helped him through it.

Let's visit a scene mid year, at 1 am in the morning.

~

Hermione let out a groan. The distant sound of a cow mooing was preventing her from falling asleep.

She ripped open the shade of her four poster bed, touched down on the creaking floorboards, put on her slippers, and stormed out of the girls dormitories.

She tiptoed down the stairs, even though she knew no one was in the common room at this hour. When she reached solid ground, she turned, heading straight for the boys dorms.

Unlike the bucket that fell on the boys when they attempted to go up to the girls dorms, followed by the transformation of the stairs into a slide, Hermione was perfectly able to huff up towards the fourth years door.

She twisted the door nob, opening up to the scene of five fourteen year old boys laying casually on the ground, bursting with laughter.

"What on EARTH?" She shrieked, taking every ounce of willpower not to slam the door behind her.

The boys spun around, suddenly realizing the bushy haired girl who had walked in on them. "Blimey, Hermione! One of us could have been naked!" Said Ron.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Charming, Ron, I wouldn't expect anything witty from you." Harry, who was sitting at the front of the somewhat circle of boys, sniggered under his breathe. Ron swiped of his glasses. "Hey!" He said. "What are you doing in here?" Asked Dean, rolling a colorful taffy between his fingers.

"Oh, no! I came over to have tea at 1 am! I CAME OVER TO TELL YOU IMMATURE GITS TO SHUT UP!" She screamed, surprised by how loud her voice was.

No one said anything back. They all stared wide eyed at Hermione, looking like they couldn't possibly think of something to say that wouldn't result in Hermione screaming. "We're just having some fun," said Harry finally.

"Don't we have tests tomorrow? Is all your homework done? You won't be able to accomplish any of it if you don't get at least 30 minutes of sleep! You might be blissfully unaware, but I cannot sleep over the sound of the zoo raging next door!" She groaned, stomping her foot impatiently on the floor.

"Why don't you just place a sound barrier around your room?" Asked Harry, who was leaning back and smirking, his hands behind his head. "Why don't you stop arguing? I am extremely tired, and would wish to sleep before the sun rises!" She said, wanting to strangle him.

He smiled at her. "Fine, we'll stop if you eat this," he said firmly, holding up a baby blue candy in her direction. "Absolutely not," she said,  firmly, straightening her shoulders. "If you say so," he mumbled, raising it up to his mouth. "No, no, STOP!" She said, exasperated.

Neville and Ron were snickering into their hands. She walked right in front of Harry and stuck out her hand. He placed the candy in it, which felt warm on her cold skin.

She groaned, and plopped the candy into her mouth. A sudden emotion came over her, like she was changing, she was surely an animal, she was a..... "Meow!" An extremely real sound purred out of her human mouth. The boys broke out in laughter.

"HARRY POTTER!" She yelled, picking up the nearest bag to her and chucking it at his head. (Hermione had terrible aim, she knocked the drink right out of Seamus's hand) "You will not be copying off of my History Of Magic notes tomorrow! Or ever!" She exclaimed, outraged.

"Sorry, Hermeowione," he said between laughter. "Stupid git!" She cried out, hurrying out of the room, intending to get a full nights rest.