Jade lets out a little laugh. "Fair enough. Do you want us to stop?"

"I didn't say that." Althea pulls Jade closer to her and crashes their mouth together in a short but deep kiss. This is what she's been missing for the past four months. "But this is the last time okay?"

"I..." Jade hesitates. "Okay."

x

December 28, 2015

Althea Guevarra, 10:13 pm: Hey

Jade Tanchingco, 10:17 pm: Hey stranger

Althea Guevarra, 10:19 pm: Are you free tonight?

Althea Guevarra, 10:20 pm: To talk? At my place?

Althea Guevarra, 10:21 pm: Plus, your Christmas gift is here

Jade Tanchingco, 10:22 pm: I thought the last time was the last time?

Jade Tanchingco, 10:30 pm: Uy?

Althea Guevarra, 10:33 pm: If you don't want to then it's fine

Jade Tanchingco, 10:35 pm: Who said I didn't?

Jade Tanchingco, 10:35 pm: I'll be there in 20 mins 

Althea Guevarra, 10:38 pm: See you. Drive safe :)

x

February 13, 2016

Jade's on the brink of sleep, her eyes getting heavier and her breathing getting more even by the minute. She's about to give herself fully to sleep when -

"Jade?" Althea calls out softly from beside her.

"Ungf?" Jade grunts ungracefully. She pulls Althea closer to her, the other girl's warmth and softness lulling her even more to sleep. "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"I need to tell you something. It's important."

"Can't it wait til tomorrow morning? I'm sleepy," Jade protests, pulling the thick comforter closer to her bare body. The air-conditioner's temperature is set quite low.

"It's important."

Jade doesn't respond and pretends to have fallen asleep already.

"Jade? Jade, come on. Lablaaab. It won't take long. Please?" Althea pokes Jade on the side, making Jade giggle and giving her away.

"Ugh fine," Jade disentangles herself from Althea and reaches for the bedside table to turn on the lampshade. She shifts on the bed to face Althea, who's looking quite on edge. She's been looking pensive all night. "What is it?"

"Someone asked me out today. For Valentines."

Jade raises an eyebrow, intrigued. And a little jealous. "Really. Is that why you've been a little weird all night?"

Althea only gives her a nod.

"Well... I'm not surprised. I mean, you're... you. You're Althea. Did you say yes?" Jade says, trying to keep her voice casual and nonchalant.

"Not yet. I told her I'll think about it."

"Do you want to say yes?"

Althea tears her eyes away from Jade and looks at her hands like they contain the universe's secrets. "I don't know."