The halls were pretty empty and my footsteps echoed a bit down the hallways as I walked from the staircase to the front doors. I saw Tara sitting there in the car and I walked through the large front doors. I saw more teenagers outside sitting on the ground or on the stairs of the front doors. I walked past them and saw Tara look up from something and at me. I gave her a small smile and she gave me a smile back. I heard the doors unlock of her car and I got in the passenger side. I shut the door and set my backpack on my lap.

"Sorry I'm late," I told her as I relaxed a bit now in the seat since I was out of the school and away from that teacher, "I have gym last period and I like to get a quick shower in if I can. I might not every day, I might just do it at your house, but I thought that I should at least look better for the lawyer."

She nodded and told me, "I'll keep that in mind. I was wondering if everything was going alright."

I shrugged, "no, everything was fine." I looked out the window at the school. Well, almost everything was fine.

I heard Tara put the car in gear and she looked to make sure no other kids would go onto the lot in front of her

"How was your first day?" Tara asked as I put on my seatbelt.

I shrugged, "not so bad. I...I think I'm going to switch to biology though. I don't think chemistry is my thing."

Tara frowned as she moved down the parking lot to get out. She stopped at the sign before moving onto the street. She looks over and tells me at the stop, "you seemed pretty into it."

I shrugged and tried to brush it up like it wasn't really a big deal. I told her, "the teaching style isn't for me. And I think biology would be more interesting anyway."

She nodded and moved to change lanes. I could tel that she wanted more. As awkward as this was, maybe she wanted to report to Jax after, or just to keep for herself. Maybe it was something in her medical mind that she wanted to keep know of. God knows what doctors may find troubling in certain behaviours.

I continued, hoping to please her: "I met a couple of people, mostly Chloe and Hanna. At least one of them is in all of my classes except for government. So I wasn't alone all day."

"Hanna Baker?" Tara asked.

I nodded and looked over at her. Tara smiled and told her, "her mother Crystal works with me. She more specializes in heart surgery, but she's a really nice lady. Super short too. The last time I saw Hanna was when she was in for a check-up about a year ago and she was about as tall as her mother."

Wow, Hanna was just shorter than me.

I smiled a bit before I saw her turn a corner. I knew that we were getting closer to the lawyer's office. We were closer to talking about things that I was not exactly ready to spill. To a lawyer fine, if it made me stay with Jax and out of another foster home, I was fine with that. But I didn't want to spill that stuff with Jax and Tara in the room. I didn't even want them to know at all.

I felt myself get pale when I felt Tara stop. I looked around and saw that we were now at a parking spot on the street. I looked foreward and saw Jax's bike in front of us. I sighed and Tara looked over at me and noticed how my skin was almost transparent. She told me, "hey, you going to be okay?"

I didn't look at her, just at the bike in front of us, "I may throw up."

It was hesitant, maybe because she still didn't know me that well and if I would like it or if it was even appropriate for her to do, but she finally brought her hand to my shoulder and gently rubbed it. She told me, "we will be going at your pace. The lawyer apparently already has your medical history and what the school knows, so that you won't need to tell us, she probably will. Or Jax and I might just read it alone with her."