Chapter 1

Hello readers! Here's the first chapter of the story, I hope you enjoy! Here's a key before we begin, if there's an addition, I'll make a note at the beginning of the chapter:
(Y/N) = your name (L/N) = your last name (e/c) = eye color
(h/l) = hair length (h/c) = hair color (f/c) = favorite color
Thoughts are in italics :) Now...... let the magic of the story.... BEGIN!!!!

Y/N's P.O.V:

I sat alone, watching Big Hero 6 for the hundredth time, but this was different. Before, I hadn't been completely alone. My family had been moving around the house, talking to each other, the floor creaking with their steps. But this time.... and every time after this... that wouldn't be there.

My family was gone, leaving me broken and unsure of how to go on. So, I turned to the movie that had gotten me through time and time again. Only, never before had my heart hurt this much while watching.

The movie playing on my laptop showed Tadashi and Hiro standing on the bridge. Knowing what was coming, I knew I had to stop. I was hurting enough, I couldn't stand to see the man I loved... you know.

Yes, since the first time I had watched the movie, I had fallen in love with Tadashi Hamada. I knew it was pointless, my family had tried to tell me that. My heart couldn't listen, though. Like it or not, I loved him with all my heart, and that love only grew each time I looked at a picture of him or watched the movie.

I paused on a shot of Tadashi looking towards the camera, feeling tears spring to my eyes. I bit my lip, wiping them away, "Oh Tadashi. How I wish I could fall into a world with you. Fall into the movie, stop you from going into that building. Feel your arms around me...."

I couldn't help it anymore; I sobbed, feeling my heart breaking even more than it was. With my family gone, my love for a character seemed utterly hopeless. What point was there in prolonging the pain? I had to fall out of love with him, the sooner the better. My heart was hurting enough already.

I reached my hand to touch the screen, trying to will myself to push it away. I closed my eyes, feeling the tears stream down my face as my hand fell to my side. I fell to my knees, the pain in my heart falling from my eyes in hot streams.

I was so lost in the pain that I didn't even wonder how I got from sitting to standing in the first place. I was completely oblivious to my surroundings, too caught in my pain to care. That was, until a warm, gentle hand rested on my shoulder, startling me to look up.

I blinked, staring absolutely shocked into a pair of concerned, brown eyes under a baseball cap. I shook my head, trying to wake up from this tormenting dream, but I didn't. Instead, the hand on my shoulder tightened and the worried voice of Tadashi flowed around me like a hug, "Are you alright?! Please, is there anything I can do to help?"

I gasped, and the tears fell faster. Without being able to think clearly, I threw myself at Tadashi, sobbing on a shoulder just as warm and comforting as I had dreamed. Tadashi stiffened for a moment, then slowly wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

I basked in the feeling, until I realized that to him, I was a total stranger crying her heart out on his shoulder like they were the closest of friends. Pulling away, I tried to stop crying, "I-I'm so so sorry, I didn't.. I didn't mean t-to...." I lost it again, crying into my hands. Somehow I was in front of the love of my life and here I was, making an absolute fool of myself. I felt like melting into the ground and disappearing right then and there.

Tadashi reached out, gently pulling my hands away from my face, "It's fine, I was just surprised. Look, I don't know what's wrong, but I want to help. Come with me, my aunt owns the Lucky Cat Cafe, she'll be more than happy to have you, and we could get you warm. What do you say?"

I looked up at him, surprise stopping the flow of tears, "You... you would do that for me? A complete stranger who can't pull herself together?" Tadashi smiled, his eyes concerned, "Yes, of course I would. Please, you'll feel better, and you really should get warm, your skin's practically frozen."

I pulled myself to my feet and smiled at him, though a little teary and puffy eyed, "If your sure, then I'd love to. I actually don't know how to get home, even if I wanted to go back."

Tadashi pulled his sweater off, wrapping it around my shoulders, "Well, you're welcome to stay with us as long as you need. I'm sure Aunt Cass will agree with me."

I blushed a little, and smiled tentatively, "Since I don't have anywhere else, I'd really appreciate it, but I don't want to impose on you. You've already been so kind, far kinder than I dreamed." I clapped my hand to my mouth, realizing what I said.

Tadashi looked confused, "Wait, dreamed? I don't understand, I'm afraid." I shook my head, blushing, "It's not important. Forget about it. So... How do we get to the cafe?"

Tadashi smiled, "Follow me. You can ride on my scooter, if you don't mind. Or you can ride with Aunt Cass in the truck, though it'll be crowded." He started walking off, and I noticed Hiro join him. Running a little to catch up, I smiled shyly, "I'd rather ride with you, if that's alright."

Tadashi nodded, "Sure. Oh, by the way, I'm Tadashi, and this is my brother Hiro." I smiled and waved a little, "Hi. I'm (Y/n)." I refrained from saying I already knew who they were and a lot about them. I didn't want to sound like a creep.

Tadashi smiled, "That's a beautiful name. Here we are. Hiro, you okay with riding with Aunt Cass?" Hiro nodded and walked off to a group of people I recognized. Tadashi led me to his scooter and handed me a helmet, putting his on. I clipped the helmet on, and gingerly sat behind Tadashi.

He turned back and smiled at me, "You ever ridden on a scooter before?" At my quiet no, he grinned, "Well, it's not hard. Just wrap your arms around my waist and hold on. I won't go to fast until you get used to it, alright?" I nodded, blushing as I did as he instructed. I could feel my heart pounding rapidly, and apparently so could he, though he misjudged the cause, "Hey, calm down. There's nothing to be afraid of. I won't let anything happen, I promise."

I nodded, "I know. I'm alright, go ahead when you're ready." He nodded, turning the scooter on, "Alright, hold tight!" I yelped a little and clung to him as we moved forward. I buried my face in his back, a little nervous at how fast we were going. He slowed a little, and I dared to look around, slowly growing used to the speed and motion.

Tadashi felt my grip relax a little, and he sped up the tiniest bit. When I relaxed again, he continued speeding up a little at a time, until we finally reached the Cafe. He parked the scooter and climbed off, unclasping his helmet, "Come on, let's get you inside. Can you walk on your own?"

I was confused as to what he meant until I slid off the scooter and my knees gave way beneath me. Tadashi caught me, smiling a little worried, "It's alright, this often happens the first ride. Here, I'll help you inside." He swung one of my arms around his neck, supporting my waist as we walked slowly inside. I blushed again, thankful that with my tear-streaked face it was a bit harder to see.

He pushed open the door and I was wafted with heavenly smells. He chuckled a little at my expression, "Welcome to the Lucky Cat Cafe, (Y/n)."

Author's Note:
Here's the first chapter, hopefully it isn't too much of a downer... I really hope you enjoyed, if you did, please do vote and comment what you think!!

That's all for now, next one up soon, I hope. =D I'll see you lovely readers in the next chapter!
~Rosie