Big News, Bigger Problems.

Ellie

I woke up around to my phone ringing, but I didn't recognize the number.

"Hello?" I asked confused, slightly yawning.

"Hi is this Ellie Lavander?" the woman asked.

"Yeah, who's this?"

"Hi Ellie, it's Donna from Vogue Magazine."

"Oh, hello." I said anxiously.

"So I wanted to tell you that your interview went fantastic and we loved your personality, but unfortunately we don't have room to train another assistant at the moment. I'm sorry, if it was any other time." I sat there in shock trying to bring myself to reply.

"Uh, no it's okay. I understand completely. Thank you anyways." I said trying to sound as professional as possible.

"Alright, well have a nice day, Ellie."

"You too." I said hanging up, my eyes glassy.

So I sat there for a bit, upset and crying. Then I realized that sitting on my bed crying and feeling sorry for myself wasn't going to do me any good. So I got ready, and went job hunting. I put in job applications to just about any place that was hiring, which ended up being Forever 21, Sephora, and this cool music store called Manny's Music. Surely someone had to call me, right? I went back to my hotel room and plopped onto my bed. It was a long day.

Then Dan texted me. "Hey stranger" I totally forgot about going to see him or even texting him today.

"Hey, I'm sorry I've been MIA today. I've been job hunting all day -.-"

"Why were you doing that?"

"Well Vogue called today, and I didn't get the job :("

"I'm sorry Ells :/"

"It's okay."

"What are you up to now?"

"Watching tv in my room." After that he never replied. I changed into t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants, then I laid on my bed and watched tv. All of the sudden I heard a knock on the door. I got up confused and opened it to find Dan standing there with a cute stuffed teddy bear. "Surprise!" he said.

I laughed and said "Come in."

"Here, you can squeeze it when I'm not around, but if I am around I prefer you squeeze me." he said, handing me the bear.

"Aw, thank you!" I said, hugging him. "He's almost as cute as you." I added, setting it on my bed. "Well I thought I'd come by and hopefully cheer you up?" he asked.

"You're amazing, you know that, right?" I said, giving him another hug. He just smiled, he didn't accept compliments well.

"Ooh, you've got a balcony." he said. "

Yep, with a perfect view of the city." I said, opening the sliding glass door.

We both stood there and looked out on the city. He put his arms around my waist and kissed me on the cheek. "You're cute." I said, turning around and kissing him.

"You're cuter." he said, kissing me this time, and we both smiled at each other. The whole thing was really, well, cute.

"So, how did things go today?" he asked.

"Good, I put in applications at a bunch of places." I said.

"So let me get this straight, you're so awesome that you found out you didn't get the job of your dreams, hung up the phone, and then went out looking for a new job?"