"The Hovercraft"

Science Fiction Story
By Rey Teves

During prototyping it was codenamed the "Rey Hovercaft". There are several stories why it was codenamed Rey. The first story is that the name sounds like really or reality. The name was chosen because it was an impossible hovercraft design which is now a reality. The second story is that Rey is the Spanish word for king. The name was selected to reflect the premium brand of the vehicle. It was supposed to be "the hovercraft of all hovercrafts".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoverboard

There is another story that the concept is from an archived twitter article by a person named Rey Teves. The article was written before the 2020's. The hovercraft became a meme years after it was posted on twitter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

During the early 2020's, 3D animation artists and video game designers created detailed renderings of the Hovercraft on their computers. RPG and Strategy Games included the hovercraft on their games. The hovercraft was also featured on 3D animation cartoons and films. Detailed physics of the hovercraft based on its design and materials are simulated on computers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoCAD#AutoCAD_360

It was on the early 2030's that the hovercraft was actually created. This started the "Rey Hovercraft Project". This was done to capitalize on the current meme and as a form of marketing strategy, and advertisement.

The hovercraft was mostly created with mass manufactured graphene. It has perovskite solar panels on its roof. Due to the effects of Moore's Law and The Law of Accelerated Returns in the past, the solar panels can now produce a lot electricity. The perovskite solar panels can produce hundreds of terawatts of electricity per hour. These solar panels are transparent and you would not know that these are solar panels at the first glance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perovskite_solar_cell

Electricity is stored on graphene batteries. These batteries are superconducting graphene. The superconducting batteries can function in room temperature and does not need to be kept in freezing temperatures like other superconductors. These superconducting graphene batteries can store hundreds of terawatts of electricity in one full charge. The hovercraft is literally a moving power plant.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/206573-mit-researchers-pioneer-technique-for-mass-producing-graphene

The hovercraft can also connect to a wireless power source to charge its batteries. It will use another source of energy, in the rare situations that it is out of range of the city's wireless power source.

It has a transmitter that can send an alternating charge of electricity to the ionosphere above it. Energy is amplified through resonance. This will make the ionosphere vibrate like a large magnetic tuning fork. The hovercraft's receivers are then tuned to the same frequency to receive the resulting energy and charge its batteries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnifying_transmitter

There are graphene superconductors at the base of the hovercraft. These superconducting graphene electromagnets are aerodynamically shaped, so that when you pass masers (microwave lasers) through them, it provides enough force to lift the hovercraft. The hovercraft can float from the ground without needing a magnetic track below it.

The hovercraft has a simple but effective internal magnetic levitation mechanism that allows it to float on any surface.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF_resonant_cavity_thruster

The whole chassis is created with mass manufactured graphene. The graphene is microscopically etched with special patterns to make it very resistant to all kinds of fluids and dust. Graphene makes the exterior of the hovercraft very durable and free of any scratches. The hovercaft is very shiny and glossy, and it looks like a photo realistic CGI (Computer Graphics Image).

http://www.zmescience.com/science/nanotechnology-science/superhydrophobic-metal-surface-0432432/

Some of these hovercrafts have retro styled wheels, even if wheels are not needed for a hovercraft. When floating, these wheels are horizontal for better aerodynamics. On the ground, these wheels are vertical to allow support for the vehicle when parked.

Although, the math and physics were already proven through detailed computer simulations during the 2020's, it was only possible to build the hovercraft this 2033. Mass manufactured perovskite and graphene are only available this year.

Before 2020, the latest technology in renewable energy and automated manufacturing was applied to mass manufacture Lithium-ion batteries. This was successful. Years after that, the same principle was applied to new materials to enable batteries to store more electricity.

On 2025, a megafactory to mass produce graphene was built. After several years, a megafactory was also built to mass produce perovskite solar panels. 2033 was the year this hovercraft was built. With the author's permission, we are now featuring the story that inspired the creation of this magnificent floating vehicle. The title of his science fiction story is "The Hovercraft".