(12) Back to School

Start from the beginning

"Its temporary blood, you will need it to get you through the day, don't worry though we will be feeding properly tonight." He says.

I nod to him whilst putting the sports bottle in my bag. My toast tastes really good I can taste all of the flavors and different textures, pros of becoming a vampire I guess.

"What's my horoscope for today?" I ask him noticing the paper he's reading.

Without turning the page he reads aloud "Aries your day looks good but you may run into some trouble so be careful.... You really believe all that baloney its fake you shouldn't believe anything these things say, I have been around long enough to know."

I groan then sigh "Yeah I suppose you're right,"

I jump as my phone rings; Nicholas looks up at me and laughs softly. I quickly grab my phone I've got an incoming call from Olivia I answer and hold the phone up to my ear.

"Hey girl where are you?" She says.

"I'm at home, I slept in I'm leaving right this minute!" I lie, she mutters an okay before I hang up.

Taking the slice of toast with me I bid Nicholas farewell and I set out for the bus. By the time I reach the bus stop I've finished my toast, keeping an eye out for the bus I put my earphones in.

~.~

I'm walking into the school building, the hallways are packed. Break must have just started. I can feel eyes on me, being a vampire I am more aware. My eyes skim through crowds trying to find Olivia yet trying to not make eye contact with anybody else.

I can feel temperatures rise as I walk past mountains of people, with Olivia nowhere to be seen I give up and retreat to my locker. Thankfully we are allowed to keep the same ones we had last year, it saves fussing looking for a new one. As soon as I open my locker the first thing I see it the photograph that is taped to the inside of the locker door. It's me and Ryan it was taken last summer when we were at some beach party. We don't take many pictures together. I'm kind of glad to be honest, if all we did was take pictures we wouldn't be living in the moment and we probably wouldn't enjoy each other's company as much.

Appearing at my side Olivia interrupts my thoughts. Before I can even begin to say hi to her she throws her arms around me and I hug her back. It feels as if we haven't seen each other in ages but really it's only been a day or something.

"Hey girl! So how was the date?" Olivia says.

"Now now Crystal what happened to not kissing and telling?" Ryan says; I turn to see him standing behind me, I cannot help but smile at him.

"Who said I was going to tell her anything?" I reply smoothly.

"You know you were," She rolls her eyes, she notices Marcus and wanders off to him.

Ryan takes a step closer to me, there is barely any space between us. I almost lean against my own locker.

"How come you're late?" He asks looking at the picture of us inside my locker.

"I ended up going back to bed and forgot to set an alarm." I admit.

"Hmm," He leans forward, his body spray is sweet and husky. My hands touch his sides and he smiles looking down at me.

Our lips meet, and it feels so good to be kissing Ryan, especially with all these people. Ryan isn't usually a fan of public display of affection. He pulls away before it gets heated, he reaches above my head and I watch him carefully peel off the photograph of us from the metal.

"What are you doing?" I laugh playfully.

"I want it," he says pocketing the photography, I don't question him even though it is my favourite photograph.

"I'll walk you to Maths," He grabs my hand, and shuts my locker with the other also pocketing my key. Is there anything else he wants of mine? Besides the obvious. We make our way through the crowds, he makes sure not let go of me. I feel like this a big step for Ryan, he usually isn't into this kind of thing. His development makes me smile, maybe this thing between us is doing us both the world of good.

We stand outside of Maths early, I like having him around. I lean against the wall and Ryan is stood closely in front of me.

"You haven't got to wait with me," I hold his hands, they feel so soft.

"I want to," his smile meets his eyes, he looks so fresh faced. His hair tidy for once, I cannot help but notice his white shirt almost cling to his body, his biceps look so good, they always do.

His breath tickles my neck, it is the sparks that tear me from my thoughts. We say nothing he just stands head arched as if he is about to say something. His hands rest on my waist, I nearly jump when his thumb slides over my skin.

"Could you both not?" A squeak like voice grabs both of our attention.

"Don't like it don't look," I react instantly, her blue eyes roll. Ryan just looks at her, his eyes linger a little too long for my liking, but I don't say so.

"Miss me?" She gleams at him twirling her dyed blonde hair around her finger.

"Not one bit Tina," Ryan snorts, she is his ex-girlfriend. They were together for a couple of years until she broke his heart. I cannot stand the sight of her.

Ryan looks away from her and looks into my eyes, I try to ignore the jealousy in my chest. He presses his lips to mine.

"I have to go to Science, I will catch you later babe," he squeezes my hand.

"See you later, have fun," I smile, he turns and leaves. I am left with Tina, great. I am thankful though that Ryan did wait with me even though his own lesson is on the other side of the building, he will probably be a little late.

"He still wants me, you're only temporary Crystal soz!" She giggles in her usual high pitched voice.

"Whatever bitch!" Is all I manage before the teacher ushers us into the classroom, thankfully Olivia turns up too. She takes her usual seat next to me. Since it is the first day back the work isn't heavy, so I tell her about the incident from outside the classroom. I trust Ryan, I really do but I cannot trust Tina whatsoever.