Chapter 1 - Burglar?

[ writers note:

Hi guys, this is my first fanfic so please excuse any mistakes and things. Please leave comments about what you think and please enjoy!

later note: I am currently editing the chapters to make them better so excuse any mistakes. Thank you for all the support! ]

*12th August 1992*

"Mum, can I play out with Olly, pretty please?" I begged, desperate to get out of the house onto the greenbelt across the road and play football with my best friend, Olly Murs.

"Fine, Evelyn. Just promise you will tidy your room after?"

"Promise! Thank you!" I shouted back as I flung open the front door and sprinted as fast as my legs could carry to the house three doors down.

I pressed the doorbell enthusiastically, and almost as soon as I had the door swung open. The familiar sweet scent of apples reminded me that this was my second home. I was always welcome here.

"Hi sweetie, you here for Olly?" his mum asked, smiling kindly.

"Yes please, Vicky!"

She shouted up the stairs and a speeding Olly came flying down the wooden stairs.

"You ready?" he asked, grinning cheesily.

"Always," I replied.

He grabbed the battered football and closed the door behind him.

*years later*

*Evelyn's P.O.V*

It was always the same dream. I was running away through a graveyard, trying to escape. The problem was I wasn't running away from anything. Just myself.

I woke up gasping for breath, like always. Positioning myself on my side, I could see the clock on my bedside table. 3:12am.

Great, I thought to myself.

I grabbed my phone and my brown fuzzy blanket and stomped into my living room. There was no point in even trying to get back to sleep. In the 5 years I have had the same dream, not omce have I drifted back to sleep.

As I burrowed under the blanket on the sofa, the familiar smell of aftershave comforted me. The last time I met up with my best friend, Olly, he had given me it to remind me of him while he was away touring in the US.

I switched on my phone and entered the four number passcode. Automatically I found myself texting Olly. No doubt he would be busy or something, but for some reason I texted him anyway.

'Hey Ols, hope the tour is goin well! Miss you loads, Eve x'

I pressed the 'send' key and settled down to watch a re-run of last nights Come Dine With Me. It was always absolutely hilarious, for some reason the 'mean one' in each episode cracked me up.

Surprisingly, I got an almost instant reply.

'Did you have the dream again? Olly x'

I sighed. He knew me so well. Too well, almost. I scrolled down my contact list and clicked the photo of Olly's face, then pressed my thumb on the green 'call button'. He picked up almost as soon as it rang.

"You ok?" I smiled at his instant caring question.

"Yeah, fine. How's the tour been going?"

"Ok, missing my family though. And you."

I blushed without even knowing.

"Aw, I miss you too. How is the band?"

"Oh, they are great. Cheeky as always. Say hi to Evelyn guys!"

A faint cheer came from the receiver.

"Say hi to them from me. So, where you playing at next?"

"I think its Orlando, but I can't really be sure. Maybe i'll ask Sarah later. So, tell me what you have been up to. It's always nice to catch up."

"Well, noth-"

A shattering noise, like breaking glass, came from my kitchen.

"Evelyn, what was that?"

"I- I don't know."

Another loud smashing noise, but this time it came with voices. But these weren't voices I recognised. They were obviously trying to be as silent as they could, but it wasn't working.

"Olly, Olly i'm scared. I don't know who it is!" I whispered as quietly as possible.

"Have a look around the door frame and see who it is. For all you know it could be-"

The sound of glass hitting my hard wooden floor echoed around the flat. The men's voices got louder.

"OLLY! I think they are climbing through the window. Help me, please!"

"Shh, Evelyn, please. Is there anywhere you can hide?"

"There's the settee but I don't know if I can fit behind it!"

"You are going to have to. Please. I'll call for help, just hide!"

"Ok, I will, just p-"

A hand wrapped around my mouth and I managed to let out a muffled scream. Trying to kick my leg out, I twisted around but the man snatched the mobile out of my grasp and with a muscular hand, forced my arms behind my back. I heard Olly's panicking voice before the burgular shut off the phone.

I woke up in a dim, cramped room with the windows boarded up. I had no idea where I was, or what was happening to me. The last thing I remembered was my hands being tied behind my back and being bundled into the back of a van. I didn't see the man in the corner until it was too late and his fist connected with my cheek.

I looked around, observing my surroundings. The room was pretty much bare, only a bed and a chest of drawers were placed. The wooden floorboards were cold on my bare feet, so I decided to look around for anything to warm myself up with.

A burst of pain shot through my ankle as I struggled to stand up. A small gasp escaped my lips and I hobbled over to the bed to examine my foot. The darkness limited my vision, so I couldn't see anything wrong. That was, until, I put my hand on my ankle and I came back bloody.

My head suddenly started swirling. I had always been terrified of blood. Now is not the time to be a wimp, I thought to myself. I need to find a way out.

Even putting pressure on my ankle felt like it was snapping, so crawling on my hands and knees, I managed to find the door. I grabbed the door handle and yanked. It was locked. God dammit.

Voices suddenly came from the other side of the door. Limping as quick as I could, I dragged myself to the middle of the room just as the door clicked unlocked and three muscular men walked in.

"I bet you are wondering why you are here," the tallest man snarled. A drop of saliva rolled down his chin as he spoke.

My voice cracked but I tried to hide it. "Yes."

"Well, before we tell you, you are going to agree to these terms. You will do exactly as we say. You will not go out without permission from us. You will never moan, complain or anything like that. If you don't, there will be consequences. Ok?"

"Why would I agree to that-" The second man pulled out a knife. "I guess I have no choice, then." I tried a brave smile before everything went black and I crumpled to the ground.