[Twenty-Three]

Começar do início

Amelia looked at him, her eyes shining with tears and her lips quivered. "Honestly, I'm okay Oliver. N-not perfect, but I'm okay with that. I s-still have a lot of things t-to work on, but I'm getting better. And yeah, sometimes I-I do feel a little lost, but then I hear y-your voice. You keep me levelled. Y-you bring me back to reality. You're my anchor. And y-you're not going to lose me. I promise."

Oliver pressed his forehead against the red heads, a content smile on his face. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." She told him, without stuttering.

"Ollie, I - I want to start fighting again." She announced.

Oliver pulled back, facing her. He cupped her face in his hands and looked into her eyes. "Mia are you sure? There's no rush. I can handle it all. You really don't need to ever fight again."

"I know. But I want to. I'm ready." She confirmed, her voice steady.

Oliver's eyes widened and Amelia's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What?" She asked.

"You didn't stutter." He beamed.

A smile formed on Amelia's face and this time it was Oliver who leaned down to kiss Amelia.

--

The music echoed in Amelia's ears and the flashing lights made her eyes slightly disorientated, but she felt an odd sense of normality.

They all clinked their glasses of champagne, a grin on each of their faces.

"Congrats Ollie." Amelia spoke. "Love doesn't completely suck." She finished, looking at the couple.

"Thanks speedy." Oliver laughed, wrapping his arm tightly around Amelia's waist.

The party continued, Oliver and Amelia danced but mostly they just watched from the sidelines. Oliver's phone buzzed and Amelia watched as he became rigid.

"W-what is it?" She asked, her stutter returning once again. Now, it only seemed to bother her when she was worried or nervous, and now she was both.

"Oh it's nothing." He smiled. "I'll be back in a minute."

"Liar. I-I'm coming with you. N-no arguments."

--

"What is t-this skank doing here?" Amelia growled, staring at Helena who currently had Tommy's arm twisted behind his back.

"Aw, stuttering are we?" Helena spoke, her tone condescending.

"Don't talk to her like that." Oliver snapped. "And let him go. He has nothing to do with this."

Helena tightened his grip on Tommy's arm, causing him to groan in pain. Helena continued to speak, her tone manipulative and laced with venom. The end result was as to be respected.

"Fine. We'll help you."

--

"Just your father. Anyone else gets hurt and I'll put an arrow in you." Oliver ordered Helena as the three sat on their motorbikes.

Amelia huffed and rolled her eyes. "I'd put an arrow in the bitches head anyway." She growled, no sign of her stutter.

"Oh r-really?" Helena mocked.

Amelia lunged for her, but Oliver grabbed her hand. "Shut your mouth Helena." He growled lowly.

"Cute, now I know how you charmed your lawyer by day and vigilante by night girlfriend."

"Funny." Amelia scoffed, tugging on her helmet.

--

"Well that w-went well." Amelia snorted, watching Helena get arrested.

Fighting had broken on as soon as they entered, only to find out it was a set up. Helena's father wasn't in the van, but several policemen and detective Lance were.

"Dammit." Oliver muttered under his breath.

Amelia shrugged. "Just as long as the bitch doesn't rat us out."

Oliver looked at Amelia and she knew his plan. "Ollie." Amelia whined.

"We have to get her out. We can't risk it." He spoke.

"Then can I put an arrow in her head?"

--

A/N
I hope you enjoyed :)
I'm sure you've noticed that Amelia's stutter comes and goes, but I kind of feel that's the way she would be. I'm also only writing the scenes that are important, because it takes ages for it to be all typed up. I hope you are all okay with that :)