"The Letter" for KayleighMayBieb

Start from the beginning

"I just miss you. A lot." I forced a smile through my tears in an effort to convince him I was okay. He didn't buy it.

"I'm sure you do baby girl cause I miss you too but I know that's not why you're crying. What happened? Do I have to kick someone's ass when I get home cause I sure as hell will." I let out a small laugh at his attempt to cheer me up.

"I'm glad that got you to smile but I'm serious. No one messes with my girl." He winked and then smiled giving me a peak of his perfect white teeth.

"I'm fine, Justin. It's just...don't worry about me, I'm fine okay?" I spoke softly, all the crying had hurt my throat.

"I'm gonna worry about my girlfriend when she's crying and I don't know why. Why won't you tell me? You know you can tell me anything Kay, I'm-"

"I didn't get in." I cut him off although I was surprised he heard me because I had said it so low. Immediately he knew what I meant. I had told him endless times about what I wanted to do after high school and how much I looked forward to college.

"Oh, Kayleigh... I'm so sorry." He whispered, finally understanding why I was upset.

"You know what, those people are stupid to not accept you. You're a gorgeous, smart, beyond amazing girl. They're missing out on someone special." Although we were looking at each other through a screen, Justin stared into my eyes the whole time. My heart ached. I wanted him here. Now.

"I just want you here with me." I sighed. I was tired and just wanted my boyfriend.

"I know baby. I'm actually leaving for the airport soon and then-" Justin was cut off by an arm pulling him into a head lock and the phone bouncing to the floor face down; leaving the screen black. It would've freaked me out if I wasn't used to it. Alfredo and Justin would always mess with each other so I knew it was nothing to fret over. There was no one in front if the screen for a while until Fredo popped into view.

"Hi Kayleigh!" He spoke happily. I hated being the Debbie Downer when everyone was so happy.

"Hi Fredo." I smiled. He wasn't there long before he too was pulled away and the phone again fell to the floor. Moments later Justin reappeared out of breathe and looking disheveled yet still so sexy.

"Shit baby my phones gonna die. I only have 6%. I'll text you as soon as I can and don't worry, everything's gonna be alright. I'll make it up to you as soon as I get home. I love you." He blew me a kiss and I did the same after telling him I loved him too. The call ended and I was again left in silence. I pulled my headphones out of my school bag and scrolled through the playlists on my iPhone before finding the one titled 'Babe'. I scrolled through the playlist I had made of all Justin's songs. Most of them were slow but they were the ones that helped me when I missed him or just needed to hear his voice. I pressed Be Alright and within seconds his voice flooded my ears; lulling me to sleep.

"Kay, Kayleigh, Honey wake up." My mother's soft voice rang through my ears the next morning. I opened my eyes to notice I was under my covers and my headphones where coiled around my iPhone on my bedside table. My parents must have tucked me in when they came home.

"Sweetie, you have to get up. Justin's flight lands in about an hour and you have to get ready." My mother spoke kindly. I loved how she wouldn't yell and tell me to get out of bed but simply speak to me. I groaned before pulling the covers back and climbing out of my warm bed. I groggily made my way to the bathroom to get ready. I showered and got dressed before starting my hair. I noticed that my eyes were still slightly puffy from the crying yesterday. I tried my best to cover it up with my makeup. It worked for the most part. I headed into my room to grab my phone before heading downstairs. I noticed I had two unread messages as I sat down at the table across my mom and dad who were reading different sections if the paper. I poured myself a bowl of cereal before checking what the messages said.