Part 2

No doom and despair please...

"I...uh.."

I can't do this!

Nikki blushed and looked away.

"I...need to talk to you...privately." I managed to say.

Me and Nikki walked outside of the building towards the garbage cans.

Wait...#1573...crap.

Suddenly like a demon in lip gloss, Mackenzie leaped out of the garbage can and jumped in between me and Nikki.

"Oh! It's Brandon! And YOU!" Mackenzie screamed, suddenly she put her hands on Nikki and shook her violently, "YOU LITTLE SNEAK! YOU KNEW I HAD BRANDON'S-"

"GET OFF OF HER!" I snapped, shoving Mackenzie off of Nikki, "You have no right to touch her! I LOVE HER!"

...Did I just say that? Uh..this is awkward...

I looked up and saw Mackenzie and Nikki both looking at me in equal shock. Mackenzie looked like I told her I was going to kill myself, and Nikki...

I can't read her expression for anything besides shock...what does she think of me now?

She won't reject me...right?

"PUL-LEEZE! You're too good for her! She's got the beauty of a slug!" Mackenzie growled, "Everyone talks about you and ME, she's not in the equation!"

"Shut up" I hissed. My fingers really inched to punch her right now...

"Brandon..." I flipped around in surprise that Nikki was finally speaking.

"Yes?" I gulped. Does she love me?

"Go" I said to Mackenzie, "Before you regret laying your hands on her."

Mackenzie ran off, crying.

"I never meant to hurt her" Nikki said, looking down.

"Forget that" I said matter-of-fact, "So..."

"About what you said earlier." Nikki said, looking down, "I...feel the same way".

Really?!

"I've loved you ever since you held up that umbrella for me, I knew that wasn't going to be the last time you would come to protect me" Nikki said, her hazel eyes shining, "You're so beautiful."

I held her face and kissed her gently, pushing her hair away. I felt my heart give way as she wrapped her arms around me and kissed me back.

"I hope this isn't a dream" Nikki said, "But if it is, I want it to last forever."

"You're almost too beautiful to be real." I replied back. Finally...after all this time.

Our hearts are bound together.